Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i made such a tasker profile, but with reboot the Nexus 7 after turn on the ignition. with only pause and resume music it wont work with my dac when the Nexus was in sleepmode. so now its not Perfect, but these few seconds for waiting reeboot is okay for me. better than replug a cable or turn a switch. here a picture, Hope it works:
https://flic.kr/p/8226651310

·
Registered
14 Posts
when you turn on the ignition the tablet became power to usb--> set up a tasker profile to turn lock screen off/on. tablet battery live is very long when tablet is in airplane mode.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you use Y cable?
If i dont use Y cable - All work Fine.
But i need connect my usb flash drive to the tablet.

And
When i use y cable,
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]when you turn on the ignition the tablet not became power to usb ;([/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]My Nexus didnt see charging. I need unplug, and plug usb OTG cable. ;([/background]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...sorry to high jack this but as I'm planing to buy nexus 7 for in car installation have some questions ;
the plan ;
- nexus 7
- usb dac
- external storage / doesn't meter is it HDD or microSD
- volume control on USB over Nexus 7
- would like to keep steering wheel controls, so I'm thinking to use some bluetooth controller and hard wire it to it (any suggestions ?)
(have read about CPJex(CarPc Joycon EX) but don't know will this work on nexus?)

would this work, and what do I nead to make it work ?
(I have read couple treads about this theme and I'am kinda lost in all those information's, as I see, so far no one is abile to made Nexus 7 to work with external usb dac, external storage and charging on sime time ? hope I'm wrong)

·
Android Beginner
332 Posts
I switched out the Micro II for a Behringer UCA202 and have been getting better results when reconnecting the DAC. I've tested a good bit and as long as you pause audio before or right after unplugging the power source it will return once you reconnect power and press play. If anyone is good with tasker could you suggest a way to set up a profile telling the N7 to stop audio, no matter what app it is coming from, when the device is not being charged and to restart audio when charging is restored.
That could be why my DAC is not playing audio again after a disconnect. When I get home today I will try this fix and if it works post a Tasker profile.

Also, unrelated to the quote above, I have my JoyCon EXR working on my N7 except so far the mute button doesn't mute the N7. Anyone run into this problem?

Also, has anyone spec'ed out a good power supply for the car? I was thinking this one
http://www.mini-box.com/DCDC-USB?sc=8&category=981
But I dont know how the N7 would act with a on/off pulse for automotive and I dont want the UPS option really. I sometimes leave my car sit for weeks at a time due to work and travel and I would be afraid I would kill my battery.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Also, has anyone spec'ed out a good power supply for the car? I was thinking this one
http://www.mini-box.com/DCDC-USB?sc=8&category=981
But I dont know how the N7 would act with a on/off pulse for automotive and I dont want the UPS option really. I sometimes leave my car sit for weeks at a time due to work and travel and I would be afraid I would kill my battery.
Here's what I'm planning on doing. Connect an "add-a-fuse" (I didn't invent that, fyi. lol) to the fuse that runs the current for the lighter sockets (or radio unit), connect a lighter socket hub to it, usb charger and stock usb cable. More connections than desired, I know.
The hub has an on/off switch to every plug, which will allow me to turn it off whenever I don't want the tablet to boot (short drives, for instance).

As for the Joycon... are you removing the stock radio? If not how do you control both things?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
332 Posts
Here's what I'm planning on doing. Connect an "add-a-fuse" (I didn't invent that, fyi. lol) to the fuse that runs the current for the lighter sockets (or radio unit), connect a lighter socket hub to it, usb charger and stock usb cable. More connections than desired, I know.
The hub has an on/off switch to every plug, which will allow me to turn it off whenever I don't want the tablet to boot (short drives, for instance).

As for the Joycon... are you removing the stock radio? If not how do you control both things?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
I will be removing my stock radio completely and using a PAC wiring harness to keep my Sync and steering wheel controls working. I will use the mute line to auto-switch the audio source between my tablet and Sync (For calls or bluetooth audio) and a 4.1 channel amp in the back to power everything. In between the amp and the tablet I will have a equalizer that can accept 2 inputs and modify it so it will switch electrically instead of manually between the 2 channels (Sync and tablet)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
sorry for not updating this thread lately, there have been some great developments that I am going to include in an update to the original post tomorrow. IMO these new mods/services/kernel features are a must have and the reason why I have waited to update the thread.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Soooo, any problem with just taking out the old head, hooking an amp to the speakers that has a 3.5 mm audio port and then just plugging up the new pogo dock?

My head unit is trashed, I figured as long as I had an amp to the speakers I could plug whatever into the aux input for sound.

My big concern is the kernel, any reason I would need it if I was going a direct route like this. BTW, have an extra cigarette lighter that I was gonna run my power off of, and probably just plug a car charger into the dock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
332 Posts
Soooo, any problem with just taking out the old head, hooking an amp to the speakers that has a 3.5 mm audio port and then just plugging up the new pogo dock?

My head unit is trashed, I figured as long as I had an amp to the speakers I could plug whatever into the aux input for sound.

My big concern is the kernel, any reason I would need it if I was going a direct route like this. BTW, have an extra cigarette lighter that I was gonna run my power off of, and probably just plug a car charger into the dock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The kernel we are using is mainly for USB audio out (For USB DACs) so if you use the headphone jack on the N7 you wouldnt really need the new kernel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
sorry for not updating this thread lately, there have been some great developments that I am going to include in an update to the original post tomorrow. IMO these new mods/services/kernel features are a must have and the reason why I have waited to update the thread.
Hi mate. Any update on this? I'me just working my way through the threads on this topic now for the first time and can't tell if the OP has been updated or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
to solve the issue of the screen turning off i figured that when the tabket recieves are looses power tve tablet wakes up so i just conected my tablet to a constant 12v source with a switch so if i want to charge the tablet when im gone i leave it on and the daydream feature keeps tablet awake, and when tabket is off i just hit the switch. problem solved...

·
Registered
7 Posts
btw i connected a cigg lighter socket at my 12v source so i can use any type of charger an like it d also because the12v chargers also has a fuse... to all u worried about the dac loosing power and the sound going away yes it does!!!! but the beauty of the 12v swith as that you have to turn the switch off and on again and it start working instead of closing the app or rebooting.... im on usb romm......connecting to acc would of been more elegant but the inability to charge over night stopped me... the one thing i have not figured is how to make google library understand gestures for play pause and next..... i have not found a write up and it gets tricky sometimes looking at the screen, i would not suggest buying a external drive that has moving parts buy like and usb thumbdrive because they dont requiere much power andy u can run a hub without electricity, my Seagate everytine it lost power when turned off would have a hard time being recognized againas a slave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread! I know this has been a stale thread for a bit but I am just getting started with my Nexus 7 2012 for the car. When I follow the link to the kernel you are referencing in the original post there doesn't appear to be a file there. If anyone can provide the correct kernel I would greatly appreciate the help.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts