Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been on CM7 with the MR2 radio for about 2 months. I havent made any changes to my
phone lately at all. All of a sudden yesterday, I stop getting data. I tried everything last night. I tried
different radios, different ROMs with no success. Sometimes right after my phone boots up, I will
get 1x for about 10 to 20 seconds. And then it is right back to nothing. I now am currently on this rom:

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...-Deodexed-Rooted-Busybox-Debloated-Link-Added

with these radios:
From the 1.70.605.0 RUU:
CDMA: 1.39.00.0627
LTE: 0.01.69.0625

I have noticed that when i am getting 1x for that short period of time, theMobile Network Type says
CDMA - 1xRTT. But once I get no data, it says CDMA - eHRPD. I checked the APNs and it is set to
"Internet vzwinterenet" and all the settings look correct inside of it. This is even AFTER i get no data.

This happened to a friend of mine about a month ago with his TB and he tried everything I have also.
He ended up getting a new SIM card, i cant remember if that fixed it or not, but he got a call from
somebody at VZW Support and they said they are refunding him the price of the SIM card because
the problem was in the provisioning.

Has anybody else had a similiar issue?

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gitku said:
How did he get charged for a sim? They are free replacements ...
i just found out he didnt go to a corporate store. he went to an authorized reseller. the tech support girl told me to make sure i go to a corporate store because they have been finding out that non corporate stores have been charging people. i asked my friend and he said he didnt go to a corporate store.

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
joeldaemon said:
i know this is a vzw thread but with the deathstar the CORP stores will replace sim cards no charge. Resellers will charge due to they also pay for the sim cards.
yeah i know. i ended up not needing to get a new one. i dont know if somebody noticed something on the back end on upper level support or what. but on my way into town to go to the big red store; 3G popped up and has been good ever since. i think something had to of been done. i cant see it just starting to work on it's own after 2 days of not working. but either way, it is good now. i still think it was a provisioning issue. now i just gotta unroot and get this bloated, battery eating stock rom off of here! :)

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
I had the same sort of issue with my TB, after hours on the phone with techs they finially sent me another phone, which did the same thing so I took it to verizon and they replaced the Sim card which still didn't solve the trouble. They then did a trouble ticket and told me they would get back to me in 5-seven days, when I got up the next morning my phone was showing 3-G and has been working perfect ever since. Strange to say the least.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I had this same trouble a couple of weeks ago. Could not get any 3g for about a day. Started working on its own. This morning it's done the same thing, this time I'll just wait it out before I start flashing roms and radios.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
ajaake said:
I had this same trouble a couple of weeks ago. Could not get any 3g for about a day. Started working on its own. This morning it's done the same thing, this time I'll just wait it out before I start flashing roms and radios.
Call Verizon, if they are working in your area or are having issues they will tell you.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Promethazine said:
##778#, edit mode, etc. fix is what worked for me. i was having the same issue
First, if you do try this the password is: 000000

Second, DO NOT try this on ANY AOSP ROM as it could bork your data causing you to have to flash a Sense ROM to get it back. I don't know if this is still true or was fixed but when AOSP ROM's were first coming out this was a major concern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.