Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on ebay hp touchpad!!! Wow f%[email protected] bastards!!! they are so many of them. This ass holes that supposedly run out of stock, now they show up on ebay? Who thinks that they just RUN OUT OF STOCK? Or same company put them on ebay to make some profit plus what hp has to pay them back?

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
supply and demand. there are so many people out there that want these, and they were bought for insanely cheap...people are going to try and turn a buck. thats just how it is, and there is nothing anyone can do about it..except for HP making another couple hundered thousand of them and keeping the same price.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Supply and demand. Supply is limited. The demand is artificially inflated. Therefore the price will be inflated. If the TPs were all still selling for $99--guess what? You still would not be able to find them because they would all be bought up by now. The only reason there are ANY left is because these "f%[email protected] bastards" bought them up and raised the price. If you really want one for $99--go wait in line at BB like everyone else.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
I wish HP just flood the market with tp's and let all these ebay/craigslist scumbags sit on their stock. One guy have like 20 tp in one picture sitting on a chair.

I can't complain, we got two from best buy/ insight for me and my wife and are very happy with it. But to see people have 20 in one pic is just very annoying.

·
Average Android
104 Posts
The demand was inflated, not because of the supply shortage, but because of the cheap price due to liquidation.
So it boggles my mind how people are willing to spend more than twice what the market value is for a product that is being liquidated due to no demand for it at a higher price point.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Yes--The sudden demand for the units came from the price reduction, but the supply is limited for the foreseeable future. This has caused the price to rise a bit. I would not pay those premiums, but it is not surprising that some are. $250 is still not a bad price for these units. A $50-$100 premium may be worth it for those who are not willing to do the work to track down the cheap units.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
Phsyclone79 said:
I did a search on ebay hp touchpad!!! Wow f%[email protected] bastards!!! they are so many of them. This ass holes that supposedly run out of stock, now they show up on ebay? Who thinks that they just RUN OUT OF STOCK? Or same company put them on ebay to make some profit plus what hp has to pay them back?
Still waiting on that extra info so we all know what you are blabbering about...

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
g00s3y said:
Still waiting on that extra info so we all know what you are blabbering about...
I think the OP is under the impression that the re-sellers pulled their stock to sell it on Ebay at a markup. I doubt (s)he saw anything that would make him/her think that. Looks like random speculation.

·
Average Android
62 Posts
Threads like this need to be deleted..... whats the point either way..sell them in the store or ebay, the stores already bought them from HP, they can do what they want with them.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Free market capitalism consists of a free-price system where supply and demand are allowed to reach their point of equilibrium without intervention...
(from Wikipedia)

I'm envious of the guy that has 20 sitting on a chair for sale.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts