Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Method of minimizing apps without pressing the button
When you are in an App, put your finger as low on the screen as possible, then quickly swipe upwards, this will do the same as pressing the button. Also, if you do it on the home screen then it will switch to the Launcher.
Thanks and rep appreciated if you think this helpful.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
lol, i figured that out day one.

ALSO SOMETIMES, when viewing cards, instead of closing them by sliding upwards, you can slide the downwards quickly and far. it makes a creaking noise then a sling shot noise (similar to angry birds)

does any1 know why this only works sometimes, is it only with multiple apps open, specific apps?

·
Android Lover
232 Posts
qaiserpk said:
When you are in an App, put your finger as low on the screen as possible, then quickly swipe upwards, this will do the same as pressing the button. Also, if you do it on the home screen then it will switch to the Launcher.
Thanks I knew there had to be away to do that without the button. Personally I'd sometimes like to close an app with out have to shrink it first. Does any one know if that is possible?

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Certain apps will make the noise and only in the right orientation. Most of the time you won't hear the "angry birds" weeeee sound. But it really does add a nice touch to the Luna UI.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joenathan said:
May be it was known to old WebOS users but there is a new bunch like me courtesy touchpad fire sale who looked at the user manual for reference. It is not documented in user manual. As most of the new users are looking for some android breakthrough on this forum it seems appropriated place where they may benefited from this information.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Yep I am new to webOS also and was unaware as I have been reading but like all fire sale buyers am very new to webOS. So thank you for the post even if the info was elsewhere. Now I know, and knowledge is half the batlle. xD

·
Supporting Member
32 Posts
ok so wait! you mean all the new user here didnt go to youtube and actually research what they were buying to get a small taste of what they just wasted 100 bucks on??? LOL

J/K btw, although i did search youtube before i got mine

·
433 Posts
"solid said:
ok so wait! you mean all the new user here didnt go to youtube and actually research what they were buying to get a small taste of what they just wasted 100 bucks on??? LOL

J/K btw, although i did search youtube before i got mine
Probably didn't have time. If you wasn't constantly hitting F5 on a reseller touchpad page, you were sleeping. ;D

/sarcasm <3

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
qaiserpk said:
Thanks, as a relatively new webOS users I didn't know :)

·
Supporting Member
32 Posts
Jordan8 said:
Probably didn't have time. If you wasn't constantly hitting F5 on a reseller touchpad page, you were sleeping. ;D

/sarcasm <3
i didnt even think of that, LOL very nice

·
Average Android
56 Posts
You guys this is written in the little getting started pamphlet that comes with the touchpad, so it's hardly non-documented.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Whenever I'm in card view and pull down on a card and sling shot it, it does not make the rubber band noise. Is there a setting for this?

·
Android underachiever
115 Posts
Yohanseki said:
Whenever I'm in card view and pull down on a card and sling shot it, it does not make the rubber band noise. Is there a setting for this?
It has to be turned the right way. In landscape, home button on the left, volume rocker on the bottom.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Rakeesh said:
You guys this is written in the little getting started pamphlet that comes with the touchpad, so it's hardly non-documented.
You mean read the manual?

I'm male and 40 years old ... I've only been to hospital 3 times because I didn't read the manual before diving it, I think I know what I'm doing ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts