Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My data is down as well.

It's kind of funny because I worked for AT&T in customer support when they were the only ones to have the iphone and their network was experiencing outages. They were dropping calls a lot as well. I was the guy you would talk to when you threatened to cancel your line. I would offer them rollover minutes and listen to their bitching to try to keep them content.

It's funny that now I've got the "must have" device and Verizon is having trouble keeping up. At least Verizon is doing their best to keep up with the increased demand and we still have voice and text (which is what a phone is for). I may call and see if I can get a reduced minute plan out of the deal, but I won't be bitching or yelling having been on the other end of way too many of those kinds of calls.

·
Android Beginner
656 Posts
My data is down as well.

It's kind of funny because I worked for AT&T in customer support when they were the only ones to have the iphone and their network was experiencing outages. They were dropping calls a lot as well. I was the guy you would talk to when you threatened to cancel your line. I would offer them rollover minutes and listen to their bitching to try to keep them content.

It's funny that now I've got the "must have" device and Verizon is having trouble keeping up. At least Verizon is doing their best to keep up with the increased demand and we still have voice and text (which is what a phone is for). I may call and see if I can get a reduced minute plan out of the deal, but I won't be bitching or yelling having been on the other end of way too many of those kinds of calls.
haha i hate that, they think you're personally responsible for the network issues... HOW COULD YOU?!

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
I had both 4G and 3G until I hung up my last phone call. Now I got nothing again.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Perfect in my area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

was just wondering if this was only me or what? glad to see it's not just my phone, was getting worried.. in the meanwhile i guess i will take some arrows to the knee.
Did somebody take your sweet roll ? I hear that is the leading cause for data outages.

·
Androider
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had got my Moto Droid the day it came out... on October 17, 2009, moved on to the Inc, then Inc2. Never once had a data outage. 3 times so far since owning my Nexus.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Verizon is obviously struggling with the 4G lte network and all of the new users. I really don't think the trouble is with the GNex. I'm going to stick with this phone and wait for verizon to dial in their network. I think they are doing a pretty good job and are obviously years ahead of the competition.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
When the service works it's years ahead of the competition .. however when it drops all data and reverts to 1x it's many, many years behind. Three outages within a month, NOT looking good .. especially since Verizon should have known that the holiday season would bring a ton of new LTE users.

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
Ya, imagine that. Good thing you know all there is to know about LTE tech and how to keep it running. They should hire you!

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Ya, imagine that. Good thing you know all there is to know about LTE tech and how to keep it running. They should hire you!
This. When you build a network to support the world's largest carrier, and get it to work 100% of the time with download speeds up to 25 Mb, let me know I will be happy to jump over. Until then I will understand the fact that stuff happens, and life moves on.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
This. When you build a network to support the world's largest carrier, and get it to work 100% of the time with download speeds up to 25 Mb, let me know I will be happy to jump over. Until then I will understand the fact that stuff happens, and life moves on.
Sorry, I just enjoy getting what I pay for. I don't care if they are the largest this or that, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. 25Mbit/sec means jack when you have no data connection.

·
Average Android
206 Posts
Seems to be a sporadic issue that doesn't effect everyone at the same time/ area. I had a fascinate for a year and a half never once had an issue. Like someone said prior it has occurred 3 times to me since the phone was released into my hands. Happened the other day to me and a coworker with a razr , while another 2 coworkers in the same room with a droid2 and incredible2 had 2-3 bars 3g. And I add there is no 4g coverage in our area.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Sorry, I just enjoy getting what I pay for. I don't care if they are the largest this or that, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. 25Mbit/sec means jack when you have no data connection.
How much do you pay for your monthly data service? If you have the Unlimited data plan at $30 a month and they are out on average 8 hours over the last 3 outages (Which is a completely ridiculous over estimation) you have lost $1 worth of service. If you stop whining I will send you your $1 back!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hello,

Is Verizon having a problem again or is it just my phone? The whole day, I have not had data on my phone.

Please let me know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Thank you.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
How much do you pay for your monthly data service? If you have the Unlimited data plan at $30 a month and they are out on average 8 hours over the last 3 outages (Which is a completely ridiculous over estimation) you have lost $1 worth of service. If you stop whining I will send you your $1 back!
You know what they say about assuming .. right? The last outage my device was out from 6AM (when I woke up, probably out before then too) up until 3PM. If my math is correct ( I have trouble adding and subtracting since I am so stupid) that's 9 hours for a single outage. But you know, Verizon has only had about 8 hours over the three outages, I'm just too stupid to tell when my phone has data I guess.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
You know what they say about assuming .. right? The last outage my device was out from 6AM (when I woke up, probably out before then too) up until 3PM. If my math is correct ( I have trouble adding and subtracting since I am so stupid) that's 9 hours for a single outage. But you know, Verizon has only had about 8 hours over the three outages, I'm just too stupid to tell when my phone has data I guess.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.