Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
238 Posts
I'm bad at writing guides, but anyway, here goes. This is aimed at someone who managed to install Arch and grasp the basic concepts.

1) Install python2 from official repos
2) Install repo, jre6-compat and jdk6-compat from the AUR
3) Download this bunch of symlinks, extract in a directory and make it first in your PATH, like this. Lunch can sometimes screw with that, so just run lunch, then change PATH, then run make.
Code:
<br />
export PATH=~/.bin/aosp-symlinks/:$PATH<br />
Don't set that up in bashrc, you'll break tons of other stuff. You can make it a shell function though.
Code:
<br />
aosp_path() {<br />
	unset _JAVA_OPTIONS<br />
	export PATH=~/.bin/aosp-symlinks/:$PATH<br />
}<br />
You can also add a nice shell function I wrote. This can work without any arguments (runs bacon on aokp_tf101-userdebug), with one argument (runs bacon on a given lunch combo) and 2+ arguments (first is lunch combo, rest is passed to make as-is).
Code:
<br />
makedroid() {<br />
	set -e<br />
	DROID_PATH=~/code/android/aokp/sources/jb/<br />
	cd $DROID_PATH<br />
	. build/envsetup.sh<br />
	if [[ $1 ]]; then<br />
		target=$1<br />
	else<br />
		target="aokp_tf101-userdebug"<br />
	fi<br />
	lunch $target<br />
	aosp_path<br />
	shift<br />
	if [[ $1 ]]; then<br />
		mka [email protected]<br />
	else<br />
		mka bacon<br />
	fi<br />
	set +e<br />
}<br />
If you're using zsh (anyone out there still not using zsh?), add this to your zshrc.
Code:
<br />
makedroid() {<br />
	bash -c ". ~/.bashrc; makedroid [email protected]"<br />
}<br />

·
Android Apprentice Hopeful
50 Posts
IM IN LOVE <3 thank you soooooooooooo much i was thinking about "learning" how to do this myself .... i have an arch linux setup on my laptop with an i5 and 6GB of RAM, not having a solid state will build in a 1-3 hours, 6-12 hours, 13- 24 hours, or longer from your experience of general knowledge? Keep in mind i have never done this and was just wondering so i know what i am prepared for.... =o

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.