Android OS Forum banner

Not receiving texts with the 2.11.605.3 radio?

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Spaniard85 
#1 ·
Just installed this yesterday and noticed I am no longer receiving texts. I got literally two today when I should have had a lot more. I had to switch the CDMA radio back to the previous one, but kept the LTE radio the same.

Any one else have this issue? If you do then there's your fix right there :)

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had the same problem of not receiving SMS or MMS messages. I switched back to the 817/802 radio combo and all works fine now.

Edit: still having issues. People are getting my messages but I'm not getting theirs. I'm using BAMF SOAB rom. Guess it's time to flash something else (too bad cuz I really like the SOAB rom).

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
same issue here
everything was running fine on
Bamf Forever 1.0.6
wiped everything 3 times before installing it.
upgraded radio to the .3 radio leak/official
then started having problems receiving texts. like, no texts. sporadically get a few but never from my girlfriend. this causes issues :)

guess it's time to downgrade (CDMA) radio just like everyone else & hope for the best.
update: already received 5 texts after texting her w/i the past 20 minutes. will require longer testing phase but that's 5 more than i received from her during all of yesterday on the previous radio. received none from her this morning on the .3 CDMA version radio)

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to say thank you to the OP as I'm on BAMF SoaB v0.713 running the latest radio and I just started not receiving text this morning. I downgraded just the CDMA radio and the text are flowing in now!!!

I feel really bad for the non-rooted that took the OTA Gingerbread update before it was pulled. Just think, a bad radio that you can't receive text on and no VM notifications.

#14 ·
"bp328i said:
I would like to say thank you to the OP as I'm on BAMF SoaB v0.713 running the latest radio and I just started not receiving text this morning. I downgraded just the CDMA radio and the text are flowing in now!!!

I feel really bad for the non-rooted that took the OTA Gingerbread update before it was pulled. Just think, a bad radio that you can't receive text on and no VM notifications.
They pulled it?! I was gonna unroot to get it, then reroot. Pheww glad I didn't

#15 ·
"bp328i said:

No problem bud. I noticed I wasn't the only one having the issue so naturally there had to be something wrong ...

And sucks for them, especially if they need it for work...and by work I mean girlfriends :p

#17 ·
Hmm, mrpicolas from DL was in my store today with this same issue but he was on the MR2 OTA radio not even the newest leak. Tier 2 tech support told him he had to replace the phone. Just wierd that this would be happening now after the ota.

I might get a hold of the network tech I know and see if he knows anything about the network having radio issues.

#19 ·
"icanhazdroid said:
Just installed this yesterday and noticed I am no longer receiving texts. I got literally two today when I should have had a lot more. I had to switch the CDMA radio back to the previous one, but kept the LTE radio the same.

Any one else have this issue? If you do then there's your fix right there :)
I flashed this a couple days ago, and have no problems so far, texts come in, and go out. Btw..... Running Bamf SoAB

#20 ·
I had this problem as well. I was running bamf soab with the new radios. Flashed multiple roms and still was not receiving texts. Flashed back to the MR2.5 radios and then flashed cm7 to see if it was something related to sense. Switching to the old radios and aosp fixed it for me. I have since reflashed the new radios and have been running various sense roms with no problems.

#21 ·
"mkjellgren said:
I had this problem as well. I was running bamf soab with the new radios. Flashed multiple roms and still was not receiving texts. Flashed back to the MR2.5 radios and then flashed cm7 to see if it was something related to sense. Switching to the old radios and aosp fixed it for me. I have since reflashed the new radios and have been running various sense roms with no problems.
Have you tried Invigorate yet?

#22 ·
I've tried almost all of the GB radios, and I'm still not getting texts. I can send them just fine, but I get nothing back in. I also went back to Bamf Forever earlier today and the MR2.5 radio set, but still had no luck. I'm on Invigorate beta IV now, and was on it or SoaB when my SMS stopped coming in. I switched within a short time frame, so I don't know which one caused it. Was already on the .3 radio set when I first flashed both Sense 3.5 roms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.