Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
2/23/12 -This thread will be abandoned. Now that nova has this option built-in, there is obviously no need for it. I will however, be starting a new thread for background images. I welcome all to come and visit (Link Here).

2/19/12 -Was FINALLY able to figure out to sign these freaking things. No longer requires a flash, just install normally like any other APK.

2/17/12 -Updated to Beta15

2/13/12 -Added Superhero Logos. Let me know what you guys think of these. It's hard to make the backgrounds look good when the app icons cover up the inside of the logo. P.S. Apparently there is a limit on images per post. New screenshots will be added to my second post (which is 2 posts down. Is there anyway to commander the post immediately after this one??)

2/12/12 -Updated to be compatible with all DPI settings (hopefully!! Give me feedback if it isn't working properly).
-Added Red, Green, and Orange Style
-Added a ICS Blue Ring w/o the background

2/10/12 -Updated to Beta 14!! Also, changed the BG color of the OPEN folder to ICS blue for the ICS blue ring (Screenshot below). Also, I understand Beta14 does not need to be installed as a system app anymore. I have made these flashable zips (mostly because that's what my auto-update script makes), but I prefer to install as a system app anyways. To install as a regular APK app, just extract "NovaLauncher.apk" from the /system/app folder of the zip and install like a regular app.

-By request, added a nexus ring style

NOTE: UNINSTALL ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF NOVA BEFORE INSTALLING THESE NEW ONES. If root explorer or titanium does not remove the app, then Use THIS UNINSTALL ZIP. If you do not remove all traces of the previous install, you will get a conflicting signature error when attempting an install.

Should work on almost any ROM that will run Nova Launcher (Currently loving the 4.0.4 stock build). I will be attempting to keep updated with Nova Launcher Updates, and hopefully adding some more custom backgrounds as well. I'll take suggestions.

Most of the credit has to go to the Nova Launcher Dev ([APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers)
Evostance for the background images ([MOD][24-DEC] Stock Launcher | Invisible Folders | V2 - xda-developers)
nkk for pointing me to the proper image file locations.
brunoisa10 for help signing app properly.

Enjoy!

· CELL TECH
1,150 Posts
all links are down due to the anti piracy act, all I get is the FBI Sheild.....

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang you guys are fast.

As many of you know, the megaupload thing has been causing issues in the file upload department. Try all the hosts if its a multi-upload link, im trying to more everything to mediafire.

SORRY!
OK, all files have are hosted on mediafire now. Everything should be good! ENJOY! :)

· Android Beginner
119 Posts
Flashed over AOKP 20 which as stated above doesn't matter. Love it! Thank you. I was getting tired of modifying Nova to get transparent folders.

Sent from my Xoom using RootzWiki

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hm, was doing some snooping in the Nova Drawables and it looks like the dev is playing around with changing the folder layout and adding folder options in the settings. I wonder if this type of thing will soon be a native function.

· Registered
48 Posts
Any plans to put together ics blue rings?
Yep. I'm working on a few others and ICS blue rings will definitely be in there (not sure why i didn't think of that before...durrr). I'm trying to wait for Beta14 before I put a whole ton of work into this. Like I said above I've got a feeling this sort of thing is about to be introduced nativly to the app. We will see what happens. BTW, whats up with the no-love for the gold rings?? It's only got 10 DL's out of 420 total. I thought for sure someone would go for a sonic theme with those! :p

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.