Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around and hadnt seen this posted yet, apologize in advance if it has. Nova is a highly modified version of stock ics launcher. I have not tried this on my TP yet since its bricked, but its very nice on my dinc, and should work on any 4.0.1+ device. Screenshots, features, and downloads all at this link, check it out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

p.s. i have nothing to do with any developement or anything like that just postin a link

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nova is good... only problem I have is that wether I said "show Labels" or not I always only have the icon on my desktop (no text under the icon). Anyone else with that problem?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Labels show text for me, but I have not tried it on the touchpad yet, only the nexus. Guessing it's an issue with the tablet or the current build of ICS for the touchpad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nova is good... only problem I have is that wether I said "show Labels" or not I always only have the icon on my desktop (no text under the icon). Anyone else with that problem?
It is because the background grid is set to tight. Adjust that, and the labels will be visible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two things I dont like with nova:
- The options button on the homescreen (besides the app button)
- That it does not have the market icon/button in the top right corner in the app drawer.

Other than that it is great with more options :)

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
my bad, i meant resize the icon widget. if you resize it to 1x2 or was it 2x1, you will see the labels. this on 132dpi, 10 across and 10 down.
How do you resize the icon widget? I'd like to see labels in 10x10 mode while in landscape.

Also, is there any way to adjust the margin in portrait mode? It seems like there's an awful lot of unused space on the top and bottom. TIA

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do you resize the icon widget? I'd like to see labels in 10x10 mode while in landscape.

Also, is there any way to adjust the margin in portrait mode? It seems like there's an awful lot of unused space on the top and bottom. TIA
Go in nova setting and tick on resize all widgets. If you want to get rid of wasted realty, set dpi to 120.

-- Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go in nova setting and tick on resize all widgets. If you want to get rid of wasted realty, set dpi to 120.

-- Sent from my iPhone
Did that but still no labels in 10x10. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what the icon widget is. There's nothing called that in my widgets. Are you saying there's a way to resize the actual icons?

I'm trying to stay in 132dpi. 120 is just too small for me. If it's impossible, I'll just settle for no labels in landscape mode. I tried 8x10 to get the labels back but the margins are almost doubled in size and look ugly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did that but still no labels in 10x10. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what the icon widget is. There's nothing called that in my widgets. Are you saying there's a way to resize the actual icons?

I'm trying to stay in 132dpi. 120 is just too small for me. If it's impossible, I'll just settle for no labels in landscape mode. I tried 8x10 to get the labels back but the margins are almost doubled in size and look ugly.
When you drag the icon from drawer to desktop. Try 10 across 8 or 9 down.

- Sent from my TouchPad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts