Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
This is the EE25 Froyo update package for the Cellular South Showcase. This build replaces any build dated prior or not dated in the name. It is also only for the Cellular South Showcase. I am not responsible for what happens if you flash it to other phones.

This is just an update package, just like what you would get from Cellular South if they ever decide to release it. I have just pulled it out of Kies build form and turned it into an Odin build for our convenience. What this means, is that you will likely not lose anything that you have downloaded from the market if you just flash the package. What you must understand, is that there may be differences in the packages themselves. If you flash and experience FC's (force closes) on packages after the flash when you first boot up, then you will need to do a wipe data/factory reset and probably flash again.

To use these files, flash in Odin.

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

1. Pull your phone battery
2. Start Odin
3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
-your phone should go into download mode
6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
-if not, try another USB port
7. Click Start

It will look similar to this. -- and when i say similar, I mean 'not exactly like'

There are 5 files:

1) is the full build that includes all partitions. You may repartition only with this build, not the others, but it is not required Use this build if you are wanting everything to be completely stock.
2) is the stock update that includes the system, modem, kernel, and recovery. This will remove any kernel and recovery that you have installed previously.
3) is the stock update that includes only the system and modem. This will allow you to keep your kernel and recovery in tact so as not to make you reflash them and probably save you time.
4) is the updated pit file.
5) is the modem only. If you only want to update your modem, this is the file for you.

CS Showcase EE25 stock full build - you can repartition with this build. This contains all partitions.
CS Showcase EE25 stock update - do not repartition with this build.
CS Showcase EE25 stock update NO kernels - do not repartition with this build.
atlas_v2.2.2.pit
CS Showcase EE25 modem only

Stock means not rooted. If you want to root this build, SOC should still do the trick. I will have a PnP for it soon.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I did the eb11 2.2 update about a month ago with odin and wasnt able to do the kies update from cell south becuase it said unregistered device and wouldnt let me click update. is this the same as what i would get from the cell south update using kies mini?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crispyominus said:
I did the eb11 2.2 update about a month ago with odin and wasnt able to do the kies update from cell south becuase it said unregistered device and wouldnt let me click update. is this the same as what i would get from the cell south update using kies mini?
The short answer is yes. I Pulled the kies build apart and made these from it so those that have been previously modified can update also.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cpflow said:
I upgraded to EE25 using kies. Am I able to use the cwm and voodoo for EB11 on EE25?
Any of the the fascinate kernels will work, as they are universal right now.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
I tried to use the full EE25 build, but I can't get out of recovery. I get a message that says it can't mount stl11. I have also flashed red cwm3 and gotten an error message that says it can't mount or open /cache/recovery/. I have even tried jt1134's fixed cwm4 to get on cyanogenmod7. No matter what I flash I can't get out of the recovery.

·
Android Apprentice
191 Posts
lightbulb39 said:
I tried to use the full EE25 build, but I can't get out of recovery. I get a message that says it can't mount stl11. I have also flashed red cwm3 and gotten an error message that says it can't mount or open /cache/recovery/. I have even tried jt1134's fixed cwm4 to get on cyanogenmod7. No matter what I flash I can't get out of the recovery.
If you used the files in this thread, I'm pretty sure it's not full builds, just updates.

·
Android Beginner
53 Posts
OK, I want to clarify something.. Coming back from MTD I will need to check Re-partition, correct?

·
Jagoff In Training
501 Posts
"Eazy said:
OK, I want to clarify something.. Coming back from MTD I will need to check Re-partition, correct?
Yes. I do believe you will need repartirion checked. I did and all is well.

·
Jagoff In Training
501 Posts
Also the files in this thread aren't the ones you will need. You need the full Odin in a different thread. The stock ee25 files for Odin thread to be exact.

·
Android Beginner
53 Posts
93foxgt said:
Also the files in this thread aren't the ones you will need. You need the full Odin in a different thread. The stock ee25 files for Odin thread to be exact.
Thought this was ee25??? Do you have a link to the correct files? I have only used ODIN twice now still trying to get the hang of it. I've had this thing a week.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts

·
Android Beginner
53 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I'm having an issue as well. First of all my phone was already bricked. So I flashed just the pit file in Odin and the boot screen comes up on my phone. It says something to the effect of E:can't mount /dev/block/stl11 (invalid argument) #Manual mode#
I then flashed both files in Odin, now I can't get it into download mode or the boot screen. Even with a JIG.. any ideas?
View attachment 3122

This post is on the wrong thread.. Sorry

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts