Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
Calling all Noobs!!!!!!

Calling all peeps that are uncomfortable with multi-step flashing and rooting!!!

THANKS TO:

-Imnuts for the recovery
-IMoseyON for the custom kernel
-spjetrovic for getting us the leak early

Here is an all in one EP4D ODIN package that contains the following....

-EP4D system
-EP4D lte modem
-EP4P cdma modem
-Imnuts Recovery 8-17-2011 orange
-IMoseyON Kernel 4.0
-Rooted
-Busybox 1.19 installed
-Not deodexed
-Virtually bone stock

Enjoy!!!!!

Instructions:

-Unzip the download first
-Flash all_in_one_odin_EP4D.tar.md5 in ODIN
-Wipe Data after flash
-Wipe cache and Dalvik cache after flash

**This odin package does not automatically wipe data and cache... You must wipe data and cache after you flash the odin package** Don't ask why... just do it

Download here

I do this stuff for fun and don't expect donations but if you feel compelled to buy me a round of beers here is my donation link.

donate here

·
Android Apprentice
145 Posts
What's newer - this or EP4P? I flashed the rooted EP4P from TBH but I wanted to know if this is newer. Thanks. I'm new to the Charge - Came from an X. Thanks.

·
Hacker Wannabe
595 Posts
What's newer - this or EP4P? I flashed the rooted EP4P from TBH but I wanted to know if this is newer. Thanks. I'm new to the Charge - Came from an X. Thanks.
This is the official Gingerbread update that will be pushed by Verizon beginning on the 29th. The build date is a little newer than EP4P, but more importantly, we have source code for this build, so all future roms and kernels will be based on this build. There's also some reports that the radio problems some people have had with previous GB builds are fixed.

·
Android Junkie
59 Posts
Just flashed....waiting on reboot.

·
Android Junkie
59 Posts
Damn brown! Runs incredibly well, but I'm set in my ways. I think i'll be waiting for a ROM to get rid of the horrible brown.

·
Hacker Wannabe
595 Posts
Damn brown! Runs incredibly well, but I'm set in my ways. I think i'll be waiting for a ROM to get rid of the horrible brown.
Danalo posted a deodexed version over on XDA, so we should be seeing some themes pop up soon.

·
Android Junkie
59 Posts
That's good news!

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Actually, you can just flash any theme that supports EP4.
This is Simply NOT true. There is a reason this build is called ep4D and Not ep4P, because things have changed!!!! If you are gonna flash a theme for ep4p you may as well stay on ep4p imo.

·
Average Android
334 Posts
this is 2.3.5 no? (early reports said 2.3.5) what improvements over EP4P 2.3.6? Seems like a step backwards. I don't see any reason to change to this over the EP4P which is now running flawlessly and based off of newer source.

·
Android Apprentice
84 Posts
manigma77 said:
This is Simply NOT true. There is a reason this build is called ep4D and Not ep4P, because things have changed!!!! If you are gonna flash a theme for ep4p you may as well stay on ep4p imo.
Well said, especially since these are even different Android versions (2.3.5 vs 2.3.6)

·
Registered
65 Posts
but the title says 2.3.6, but it was originally reported as 2.3.5, so what is it?
That's what original reports said. 2.3.5 is also how it is listed on the Samsung released source code. I guess we'll find out when the official OTA comes through, but no harm in d/l this now.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
but the title says 2.3.6, but it was originally reported as 2.3.5, so what is it?
I loaded up the leaked updater script and it is 2.3.6. This has also been reported by other people who have loaded up the script. And ignore the P vs D build designation. The build date of EP4P was apparently October 31, and the build date for EP4D is apparently November 3 or 5. So by the letter designation you would think the OTA is an older build, but it is actually newer.

Reactions: neyenlives
1 - 20 of 61 Posts