94 Posts
Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: TouchWiz (Samsung)

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: ODIN/Heimdall

Requires Root:: No

Android Version:: 2.3.X (GB)

Source:: Mod Type:: ROMDifficulty:: EasyMod Base:: TouchWiz (Samsung)Mod Status:: StableApply In:: ODIN/HeimdallRequires Root:: NoAndroid Version:: 2.3.X (GB)

Source:: Here are some of the odin files I have for the generic showcase (ntelos and other regional carriers). Do not flash, unless you own a generic showcase. All files are zipped except for the pit file. Use 7zip or similar program to unzip the file before flashing. These are the ODIN TAR files of EH09, EI20,FA10,FC16, and FE03. They will have to be unzipped before being flashed via ODIN in the PDA section ( dont touch anything else if you are already on any other touchwiz rom )

These 2 files(FE03,FC19) are missing some stuff...in order to flash one of these builds you must flash one of the files below first(FA10,EI20,or EH09).example: to get to build (FE03,or FC19) remove battery, connect phone to computer, hold volume down to enter download mode, place (FA10,EI20,or EH09) in the pda section, flash,once its complete without replacing battery, reenter download mode, place (FE03,or FC19) in the pda section, flash, profit

{FE03}2.3.6 http://db.tt/s69TV2ze

{FC19} 2.3.6 http://dl.dropbox.co...FC20_US_ACG.rar

These three files (FA10,EI20,EH09) are full odin builds. Flash in the pda section of odin. If repartitioning back to stock use one of these builds with the pit file.

{FA10} 2.3.6 http://dl.dropbox.co...A10_GB_Test.rar

{EI20} 2.3.5 http://db.tt/VJzi0DNk

{EH09} 2.3.4 http://dl.dropbox.co...REL.tar.md5.zip

Pit http://dl.dropbox.co...tlas_v2.2.2.pit

Thanks goes out to: Przekret(FC19,FE03), _josh__(FA10), nitsuj17, larryp1962(EI20), phidelt82(EH09)

·
Android Apprentice
397 Posts
Thank you for this man. I have been scrambling trying to figure out the deal with this damn phone, I know everything about flashing it cuz I own a fascinate, I just couldn't find the right info about the Ntelos version. This is extremely helpful. My next mission is figuring out which edits I would need to make to run AOKP on this beast. I'm familiar with decompiling and editing with notepad, I'm just not sure what edits I need to make to point data and mms and all towards Ntelos. Great post!

·
Android Apprentice
94 Posts
For touchwiz based roms download apn backup and restore, backup apns, install the rom you like, redownload apn backup and restore, delete apns, then restore apns, reboot, might have to edit the build prop also. This works on cm7 also.

For ics and cm7 use voice dialer "open apns" create a new apn, name it to whatever or if there's already one there edit that ones mmsc to "http://mms.ntelospcs.net", save, click on the circle to the right, make sure it's colored, reboot

For cm7 based roms the same rules apply for the generic showcase as the cellular south showcase. If you go into mobile network settings it will force roaming. If it ever happens the fix is...odin back to stock, Install ADW.Launcher and long press on the homescreen to make a custom shortcut
ADW -> Custom Shortcut -> Pick your Activity -> Activities -> com.android.hiddenmenu -> DATA(.DEBUGMENU)
Then switch the HDR/1x setting down to cdma only, exit the menu, wait, do the same for edvo
You should get connection is a few seconds
Go back in and switch to hybrid to get 3G data mode again. It's a lot of bs. So if on cm7 don't go into mobile network settings.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I followed the directions on this and it boots into android recovery failed to mount cache blah blah. I am coming from cm7.1 would I need to flash a bootloader could this be a problem?

·
Android Apprentice
94 Posts
Edit: the same happened to me when flashing the fc19 build. Wipe data in recovery then reboot.

I recommend flashing the eh09 build first if coming from mtd. Plug the phone into computer with the battery removed, hold volume down, Place the eh09 build in pda, pit file in pit, check the repartition box, flash,the phone will turn off once complete. Reinsert the battery and power on.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
14 Posts
Edit: the same happened to me when flashing the fc19 build. Wipe data in recovery then reboot.

I recommend flashing the eh09 build first if coming from mtd. Plug the phone into computer with the battery removed, hold volume up, Place the eh09 build in pda, pit file in pit, check the repartition box, flash,the phone will turn off once complete. Reinsert the battery and power on.

Downloading eh09 now if it works you are my hero. Oh also I started off trying ei20 since that is what it czame with stock. Not sure what causes this problem been looking for a solution for days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is the difference between {FC19} 2.3.6 and {FA10} 2.3.6?
Also is there a certain order to go in I can only get 2.3.4 to work all others seem to be giving the can't mount cache. I have tried doing the wipe data/factory reset and it gets to cache and says can't mount.... wipe complete then reboots to recovery again same message.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After examining the tars in winrar it seems there are files missing. Yeah bud most def there are files missing in ei20 and fc19 for sure just extracted missing files from eh09 and the fc19 files and did a custom franken install with hemidall and it booted just fine.

·
Android Apprentice
94 Posts
I got the files from other people. I'll fix everything later this week. Thats why I say flash EH09 if coming from mtd. FC16 seems faster than FA10 and looks different, kinda like they tried to copy stuff from ics. Glad you got it working.

·
Android Apprentice
94 Posts
Files are missing in the other tars had to extract files from EH09 and combine with the ones in FC19 for it to work. Anyhow I made a franken install with hemidall will try to upload.
Cool, that works. I'll work on some myself too when I have time. In the mean time just flash the eh09 build before flashing any others and it should boot fine.

edit: links fixed

·
Android Apprentice
94 Posts
FA10 should work also. For the others you need to flash a full build (eh09 or fa10) without rebooting then flash one of the others using Odin. I have a full ei20 Odin I'll post it later.

edit: EI20 should work now also..updated op.Thanks goes out to larryp!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also meant to state that I am on a local carrier here in Kansas (Nex-tech Wireless). I was looking for stock files for our SCH-I500's and could never find any. I tried OdinMaker but my phone wouldn't boot after flashing the tar file in Odin.

I tried a few "stock" GB roms and decided to give these a try as they are generic. They worked awesome. I don't know where these came from but they worked perfectly. So thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts