Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

If you are unfamiliar with how to use Odin pay attention to what you are doing. Flashing the wrong file or flashing to the wrong place can potentially be a nightmare.
*********ONLY FLASH SHOWCASE FILES TO YOUR SHOWCASE*****
*********ONLY FLASH SHOWCASE FILES TO YOUR SHOWCASE*****

First download both files if you don't already have Odin. Unzip the Showcase zip file. You will notice that there is a .pit file and a .tar.md5 file. You will flash both at the same time if you want to go COMPLETELY back to stock. This process will wipe all data from your phone except your phone number and anything on your sdcard.

1. Pull your phone battery
2. Start Odin
3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
-your phone should go into download mode
6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
-if not, try another USB port
7. Click Start

It will look similar to this.


Showcase Files located here:
Showcase 2.2.1: CS Showcase EE25 FULL Odin - you can repartition with this build.
md5sum for the EE25_fullOdin.tar.md5 inside the zip is a9437a6bf19a2b727d5931acd6cec5d5 just in case people want to check it after download.
Odin3 v1.3 located here: Odin3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
add144 said:
I assume this is the cheese from the official CS release?
Custom built with all of the partitions. Not just the 4 from the update. This will help fix issues that require a repartition.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
2 Posts
For the last coupla days, my little showcase was soft bricked.
Until I came across this post, that is... thanks for once again saving my SC.
Worked like a charm.

I have been unable to root with Z4 tho.
Any recommendations for alternate root methods???

Thanks in advance :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
Magickly said:
For the last coupla days, my little showcase was soft bricked.
Until I came across this post, that is... thanks for once again saving my SC.
Worked like a charm.

I have been unable to root with Z4 tho.
Any recommendations for alternate root methods???

Thanks in advance :)
Super One Click should work - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Make sure you have the "allow 3rd party apps.." or whatever enabled and also usb debug, then after running SOC you'll need to reboot once.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
I did the eb11 2.2 update about a month ago with odin and wasnt able to do the kies update from cell south becuase it said unregistered device and wouldnt let me click update. is this the same as what i would get from the cell south update using kies mini?

sorry meant to post this question here not that other thread. my bad. same answer or is this one straight from cs?

one more question if u dont mind. was wondering if it was ok to totally wipe my micro sd card. its full of crap from me playin around with all this stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crispyominus said:
I did the eb11 2.2 update about a month ago with odin and wasnt able to do the kies update from cell south becuase it said unregistered device and wouldnt let me click update. is this the same as what i would get from the cell south update using kies mini?

sorry meant to post this question here not that other thread. my bad. same answer or is this one straight from cs?

one more question if u dont mind. was wondering if it was ok to totally wipe my micro sd card. its full of crap from me playin around with all this stuff.
This is a little different. I custom built this with all of the partitions, so that you can repartition your phone in Odin. With the extra stuff, it can help fix some of the problems that can come up.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
156 Posts
crispyominus said:
one more question if u dont mind. was wondering if it was ok to totally wipe my micro sd card. its full of crap from me playin around with all this stuff.
If you've got any apps that you've moved to the SD card, go in and move them back to the phone's storage. You can see all your apps on your SD card in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> On SD Card.
Besides that, wiping your SD card will only remove your personal stuff. If you want to be safe, copy the entire SD card to your computer, then wipe it so if anything going awry you've got a backup copy of everything.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
6 Posts
phidelt82 said:
Custom built with all of the partitions. Not just the 4 from the update. This will help fix issues that require a repartition.
What kinds of issues on this device require additional partitions? Just curious.

BTW, thanks for sharinging this. I did the official Cellular South update and ran for a few days before trying z4root. Not only did it fail, but it appears it screwed up my bluetooth stack. I'm hoping this load will get me back to working right again.

Next time I'll start with Super One Click. :)
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
6 Posts
Flashed with ODIN, no problems. Rooted with SOC. Bluetooth stack fully repaired. THANKS!!!

Still curious about the extra partitions though.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
3 Posts
Just wanted to thank you for saving my bacon with this!!! flashed a rom that said it was for my showcase and it soft bricked my phone... this worked awesome!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
medicmnstr said:
Just wanted to thank you for saving my bacon with this!!! flashed a rom that said it was for my showcase and it soft bricked my phone... this worked awesome!!!
No problem. That's what it's here for.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
im a good comp user so i understand your instructions perfectly but im new to android and what i can't figure out is i rooted my showcase right after buying it from cellular south and it works great but what i cant get to work is backing up my rom with rom manager i always get a error about verification of the file failing so my main question is not having my rom backed up before i do this a huge problem? or not really that bad.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
191 Posts
nealwhite said:
im a good comp user so i understand your instructions perfectly but im new to android and what i can't figure out is i rooted my showcase right after buying it from cellular south and it works great but what i cant get to work is backing up my rom with rom manager i always get a error about verification of the file failing so my main question is not having my rom backed up before i do this a huge problem? or not really that bad.
This is a full package, so it will replace whatever is on your phone when you run it in Odin. It depends on whether you need things backed up; you can use an app like titanium backup from the market to back up your apps and their data.
 
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Top