Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
191 Posts
nealwhite said:
im a good comp user so i understand your instructions perfectly but im new to android and what i can't figure out is i rooted my showcase right after buying it from cellular south and it works great but what i cant get to work is backing up my rom with rom manager i always get a error about verification of the file failing so my main question is not having my rom backed up before i do this a huge problem? or not really that bad.
This is a full package, so it will replace whatever is on your phone when you run it in Odin. It depends on whether you need things backed up; you can use an app like titanium backup from the market to back up your apps and their data.

·
Android Apprentice
191 Posts
I got a replacement Showcase (on C Spire) that came with 2.3.5. For reasons I won't get into, I flashed this package (the full one) with Odin. I've done it with the repartitioning as well. But my baseband version is still listed as unknown. Do I need to reflash and clear efs? I find this a little unsettling, since I don't have my efs backed up (the folder is empty).
Did you *228 after flashing and booting up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts