Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
You can also backup contacts by going to the contacts program, hitting menu and then import/export. You can then save all your contacts as a file on your sd card and just import them after you've flashed. It also gives you the option to save the imported contacts to Google or to your phone.

Tapatalked from my Showcase

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
okay so i finally got to try this after my usb cord disappeared and im having some trouble i do exactly what you say at every step but when i plug my phone in and put it in download mode it doesn't recognize my phone? although this cord works fine and it recognizes it every time in every usb port for everything but this? Does anyone have any idea what might be going on and how to fix it

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
Did you install drivers for the phone. If you install samsung kies it should install drivers.

It can still recognize phone in usb as file storage without drivers

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
ok my Showcase has been soft bricked for a few days as well. I tried updating to froyo like everyone else did and I got the wrong files which caused the phone to not go past the Samsung logo. So Ive found this post (thank God) and downloaded the files to get it back to normal. I run Odin3 and follow all the steps, but still the flash fails. I have it in download mode, but its still not working. Please shed some light. Ive been without a phone for days now. Please let me know if Im a complete idiot or not

edit: I tried with 2 different .pit files and same results. I've also tried OneClick just so I could get the phone to come back on, but it doesn't seem to work either. Sigh...

Here are my screen shots

·
Jagoff In Training
501 Posts
Use it as stated in first post but also check the repartition box. I.e. make sure its checked. See if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
93foxgt said:
Use it as stated in first post but also check the repartition box. I.e. make sure its checked. See if that helps.
That's not going to help if the MD5 is failing. Try redownloading the file. Could just have a bad download.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
93foxgt said:
I did that, and still no luck. Am I using the correct pit file because there wasnt one in the download.

That's not going to help if the MD5 is failing. Try redownloading the file. Could just have a bad download.
exactly, but everything downloaded and said complete. Maybe it could be my OS.. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 on a Dell M5010.

I found another file that was the same but in a zip folder, but each time I try to extract it using 7-zip or winrar it says its corrupted smh... this is embarrassing because I usually get it right but not this time lol. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I'm on a dell with the same OS and haven't had any issues with Odin. May try just deleteing the entire file and redownloading it. It sounds like something somewhere is corrupt. Don't know if its a file or program though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums App.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
scarmon25 said:
I'm on a dell with the same OS and haven't had any issues with Odin. May try just deleteing the entire file and redownloading it. It sounds like something somewhere is corrupt. Don't know if its a file or program though
ok I may have to try that. is the pit file supposed to be atlas_v2.2.1.pit or what? Im not sure since it wasnt included in the OP.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Yeah you should have a atlas pit file and then some sort of tar file who's name will depend in build and so forth.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums App.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
cool beans... its an md5 file in the OP so Im guessing thats the correct file. I tried one before that has me in this predicament now smh. I'm afraid Cellular South will tell me to kick rocks if I brought it in to get re-flashed lol

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
bearcuz said:
cool beans... its an md5 file in the OP so Im guessing thats the correct file. I tried one before that has me in this predicament now smh. I'm afraid Cellular South will tell me to kick rocks if I brought it in to get re-flashed lol
I can't download the file as I'm at work but I am pretty sure it's a zip of both the .tar and the atlas file. You need to unzip the file and it should have both in there. I can't imagine Phidelt would have left it out but I suppose anything is possible.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
akellar said:
I can't download the file as I'm at work but I am pretty sure it's a zip of both the .tar and the atlas file. You need to unzip the file and it should have both in there. I can't imagine Phidelt would have left it out but I suppose anything is possible.
no it was my fault not Phidelt... I downloaded the md5 by itself from the dropbox link in post #24, but that only because I couldnt extract the zip folder.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
ok Im still getting the fail on odin... I re-downloaded the files and everything went through. I dont know why each time I download that zip file that Phidelt has on the OP keeps telling me its corrupt when its not. Just dont know whats going on.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts