• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Fatory reset device
  • Install zip from SD card
  • go into network settings and set to lte/cdma/evdo
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Kernel:
this is currently ported using the newest cyanogenmod 10 as a base so refer to cm10 thread for kernel source
if this isnt enough let me know and i will fully post there source
What Works:
  • SMS works both ways
  • Full Ril and Phone overhaul (up to snuff with cm/aokp) -Thanks to Bleelas!!
  • sound
  • wifi
  • themes
  • nfc?
  • more
Whats Not Working:
  • please let me know what works / doesnt
Please do not mirror or link my downloads, just link back to this thread.
4.1.2-2.10.19
Changelog:

Beta 1-
-full ril overhaul -bleelas
-updated to new cm(10-22) new mi(10-19)
-some fixs please let me know what doesnt work so i have a list
-new toolbox features
-new jellybean gapps
-prob some more

alpha 5-
-updated to 2.9.7
-themes
-added miui.us toolbox
-nfc fix?
-added ringtones
-added wallpapers
- added terminal and maps/street

alpha 3-
-fixed ril
-fixed sms
-fixed superuser

alpha 2-
-fixed data
-added cam
-changed layout to sgs3 layout no navbar (will make flashable zip for navbar)
-various fix's
-remerged base

button light fix - toggle auto brightness
http://www.miui.us/c...-Full-Changelog
Credits:
-Hand's Off props to Bleelas for taking the time and studying the smali to make the ril fix happen!!
-Miui.us For the Base Gnex Rom
-|0xD34D for the Miui.us Toolbox
-chairface and rlasalle for d2spr fixes that i carried over
-StrummerJohn for going over everything and figuring out fixes
-More To Come
Maybe More if i forgot u let me know and i will add you!​

·
Carbon / Miui.us Developer
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me gusta. Thanks beans!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
not really working yet need to get data going and on screen keyboard fixed.. just wanted to put something official up sence i am working on it currently

Reactions: diewson

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Beans, for those of us not in the know, could you briefly explain what MIUI is and how it differs from stock, from your Beans Stock rom, from cm10, aokp, etc. I have used all of them other than MIUI, so I'd be interested in knowing what the draw is? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great to see you bringing MIUI to this device. Pretty much ran your build of MIUI on the DX. Can't wait for more stable builds!

·
Android Enthusiast
454 Posts
not really working yet need to get data going and on screen keyboard fixed.. just wanted to put something official up sence i am working on it currently
Just love seeing this in progress for this phone, should be amazing when finished!

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
Really looking forward to this. I really enjoyed your work on the Droid X. Thanks Beans.

·
Idratherberiding
269 Posts
Sweet! Beans tearing it up...definitely gonna give this a shot. Haven't run MIUI since my OG Inc. Thanks Beans!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Air Force Android
326 Posts
ERMAHGERD.

·
Android Flashaholic
361 Posts
Hey Beans, for those of us not in the know, could you briefly explain what MIUI is and how it differs from stock, from your Beans Stock rom, from cm10, aokp, etc. I have used all of them other than MIUI, so I'd be interested in knowing what the draw is? Thanks!
This was the first thing that came up in a Google search for "what is MIUI."

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-miui-rom-for-android-miui-port-complete-guide/

Based on my experience with MIUI on the Droid X (thanks, in large part, to Beans), this is as pretty accurate description.

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Can't wait! I absolutely love seeing all of this development! I absolutely am astonished by what these guys can achieve. Especially coming from a Droid X to this. And I really enjoy seeing all the familiar names from the rootz DX forums in here. If we could get Wizard and 13angel in here with beans and bmc,... holy crap!

·
Android Enthusiast
143 Posts
Nice! Your MIUI build for the DX was my daily driver for months up until I got my S3 and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Thanks Beans!

·
Android Freak
1,406 Posts
Hell yeah Beans. Waiting eagerly on Build 10 of your stock ROM, but it's awesome to know that you're about to bring MIUI to this baby. I too ran your MIUI v4 on my old DX, it was the last ROM i flashed and what I was running when I finally got my S3. Once it gets to AOKP stable I'm gonna take it for a test drive. Keep up the good work Beans.

·
Android Beginner
81 Posts
Had to share, I was looking at YouTube to see what MIUI looks like on this phone and the first one was a 10 minute review of v4 on the i9300. The first thing the guy said was " for those of you that are not familiar with MIUI, its purpose is to make you phone look like an iPhone." I pressed stop. I couldn't believe he would say that. Anyway, I can't wait to try it on this. I had MIUI on several phones before and loved it but hell no the purpose is not "to make it look like an iPhone."

·
Dingus
77 Posts
Installed Alpha 1 and I have to say that this is one of the absolute smoothest experiences I've ever had with any mobile handset, ever. I am so excited to see this stable. Data wasn't even that bad of a problem - the only thing that bugged me was the flickering. Great work, Beans - keep it up.

·
Carbon / Miui.us Developer
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Installed Alpha 1 and I have to say that this is one of the absolute smoothest experiences I've ever had with any mobile handset, ever. I am so excited to see this stable. Data wasn't even that bad of a problem - the only thing that bugged me was the flickering. Great work, Beans - keep it up.
got a new bui;ld gonna finish some tweaks to it but we got data working :) main things to focus on now are screen flickering, outgoing calls and the keyboard not coming up.. once those 3 are finished and fixed it should be almost dd worthy hopefully... and thanks to all u guys from the dx apreciate all the kind words

·
Happy Trails Creator
237 Posts
So stoked to see a full dd version of this, we only got a taste of miui on the thunderbolt, but it was delicious. I'm sure it'll be even better on this device and with a good supporting dev.

1 - 20 of 782 Posts