Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So upon removing some of the bloat on my Droid 3, I broke mms and contacts. I successfully installed AOSP 2.3.5 mms so I thought I'd try to install stock contacts. I ended up backing up BlurPhone and BlurContacts and then deleting them and replacing them with the AOSP .apks... Now I have no data, and I can't restore the backups I made. I even pulled BlurPhone and BlurContacts from the Droid 3 system dump and pushed them to /system/app to no avail. Any ideas how to unbork my phone? Thanks. :erm (1):

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
AndroidSims said:
I even pulled BlurPhone and BlurContacts from the Droid 3 system dump and pushed them to /system/app to no avail. Any ideas how to unbork my phone? Thanks. :erm (1):
Did you pull and push the .odex files along with the .apk files? The stock ROM needs both the .apk and .odex of the file....ie....BlurPhone.apk and BlurPhone.odex. Also check the permissions and make them match the other apps in /system/app.

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tcrews said:
Did you pull and push the .odex files along with the .apk files? The stock ROM needs both the .apk and .odex of the file....ie....BlurPhone.apk and BlurPhone.odex. Also check the permissions and make them match the other apps in /system/app.
Yes I did

·
Registered
982 Posts
Bro, ur screwed, i did that same thing, Don't Factory reset, Cuz u'd brick, or take a chance and factory reset, cuz it might work, it didn't work on the x2 when i did that an instead bricked me :/

Actually it really may work as long as u never had a problem with the touch the android

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ericerk said:
Bro, ur screwed, i did that same thing, Don't Factory reset, Cuz u'd brick, or take a chance and factory reset, cuz it might work, it didn't work on the x2 when i did that an instead bricked me :/

Actually it really may work as long as u never had a problem with the touch the android
Every time I touch the Android I get a FC.... sigh

·
Registered
982 Posts
tcrews said:
i don't think your really have (manual) access to odex files when uninstalling system apps, in theory it might just wipe both...

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
ericerk said:
i don't think your really have (manual) access to odex files when uninstalling system apps, in theory it might just wipe both...
If you are manually deleting files you do.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...GTabComb

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RhinoShock said:
Would he be charged for the new phone? Or would verizon not care?
They should just do it for me. I'm going to say that I was having issues and was told by a rep to do a factory reset and now it's stuck on the Android. Win. :p

·
Themer
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RhinoShock said:
You don't think they'll figure it out? o.o Also, does bricking it "erase root" ?
I can't connect my phone to ADB because USB debugging is disabled and they won't be able to enable it. Therefore they really have no way of checking the file system to see if it was rooted. My phone has no data and doesn't go past the "Welcome to DROID3. Press the Android to get started" screen. The reps are retarded and don't know anything about phones other then what their little training classes tell them. They also don't have an SBF available or we'd probably already have a leaked version. They'll send it back to HQ and SBF it there and send it out as a refurb.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Just a word of caution now that people are sending in phones and getting new ones. Don't do anything unless you know what the outcome will be. The big uproar about rooting and the dangers of it is things like this. When a user error costs a manufacturer a new phone it puts a bad image on the community. Again just a friendly reminder...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts