Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
NOTE: I am not part of the OMFGB/OMGB team (known as T3HH4XX0R) but I am trying to help their ROM become better, hence this thread. This has been put up with r2DoesInc's permission.

I've recently began sending pull requests to add add'l content to the "toolkit" app inside of these ROMs known as God Mode to allow team T3HH4XX0R to focus more on actual development all while helping many people. While the source code is open and ANYBODY can send pull requests for add'l content in God Mode, I thought it might be easier for you all to simply suggest things here on this thread and I'll package it up into the proper format to have it added to God Mode for you. This thread is NOT, however, for requests for new features and settings in God Mode (that thread is here).

Requirements:
  1. I need the developer's permission to add the item to God Mode. I don't know if Team T3HH4XX0R requires this but I'm personally not going to add anything without dev permission. So if you want something added, be sure to ask the dev and link to where the dev says it's okay.
  2. I need a direct download link to the item that's being added. This means no redirects, no megaupload links, or anything like that. We can help you figure out whether or not a link is valid - it's not always obvious at all. (Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide hosting for any files.)
  3. All Add-Ons must be installable either as an Update.zip or as an APK. NO EXCEPTIONS for now!
  4. Requests to me at this time must be for the Thunderbolt simply because I won't add anything without testing it out, and I have no other device that can run OMFGB/OMGB even though there are several other devices that can. I'm just personally not supporting them at this time unless Team T3HH4XX0R asks me to blindly add something, or somebody gets me a cheap enough device to test with.

Right now, the categories are: Applications and Kernels. I'll work on getting add'l categories added in the future so we can have a more robust Add-On listing. (Themes are first on my list of changes to push for.)

Devs:
Feel free to offer up your apps, kernels, themes, etc. to be added! Don't think yourself rude for asking.

Lastly, devs and users alike, please don't be offended if it doesn't get added. While I've not been given rules/restrictions on what should or shouldn't be added, I'm going to exercise my own judgement on what I submit or refuse. I understand that the team has very high standards and a direction that they want to take the ROM so we don't want just anything and everything in God Mode. So I'm going to strive to put things in there that I think the masses are going to want and not the things that are very much for just a few people. I'm going to err on the side of not adding something rather than erring on the side of adding it. So expect me to say "No" to your request but be pleasantly surprised if I add it. Even if I say no, you are certainly free to make your own pull request to get something added. I most certainly won't be offended if you try to go over my head. We're all on the same team here - no sense in crying over spilled milk that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, right? :)

If you feel the desire to donate, please see here. I'm not accepting donations but Team T3HH4XX0R is.

·
Bad Mother ****er
378 Posts
I'll try to think of some more but for meow, how about the Tiamat kernel, Vipermod, the hacked to work Skype, and the Lithid GAPPS?

I'll try to see if the kernel dev is cool with it.

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Incognito browsing and custom backlight settings like in CM7 and LTB

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
avlfive said:
I'll try to think of some more but for meow, how about the Tiamat kernel, Vipermod, the hacked to work Skype, and the Lithid GAPPS?

I'm working with the Tiamat dev already. He's fine once he gets a link with a built-in counter available but doesn't want us deep-linking. He wants stats one way or another.

Vipermod would be great - haven't talked to the dev yet.

Have a link/"dev" for Skype?

For Lithid, do you know of an updated version with the new Market and stuff? If we add hacked gapps in, I'd like it to have the latest Market at least.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
avlfive said:

Question: Why do you want Lithid gapps? It was just brought to my attention that the 7/27 gapps that's been in there supports GTalk Video. I've not really tested it yet but I do see the controls for video chatting in there.

·
Bad Mother ****er
378 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
Question: Why do you want Lithid gapps? It was just brought to my attention that the 7/27 gapps that's been in there supports GTalk Video. I've not really tested it yet but I do see the controls for video chatting in there.
Didn't know that. Haven't tried those GAPPS yet.

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Can i haz custom overclock settings toooo?
/troll

·
Registered
373 Posts
r2doesinc said:
Can i haz custom overclock settings toooo?
/troll
Faster screen transitions? I know its a system deal but still I gotta ask ;]

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
you get some fonts together and ill see about adding that as an actual feature under UI settings.

Jax made this more for like, kernel suggestions, themes, things of that sort.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
hosting isnt a problem, i just need to get in contact with the guy we get our hosting from. see if we can get more accts setup. i cant remember the last time i saw him around though.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
r2doesinc said:
hosting isnt a problem, i just need to get in contact with the guy we get our hosting from. see if we can get more accts setup. i cant remember the last time i saw him around though.
If you guys are looking for more host let me know i can setup something for you guys.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
r2doesinc said:
Could you a) get me an account and b) allow me to get some PHP scripts on there? Some of the devs that I'm talking to are saying it's important that they can see the # of downloads that come through God Mode. If you can allow me to get a PHP script on there, I can track downloads fairly easily and in a lightweight way (in theory).

monkizzle said:
If you guys are looking for more host let me know i can setup something for you guys.
Appreciate the offer. Pending what R2 can get setup, I might ask for your help. :)

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
id say go with him, i havent heard from grouper in months :(

1 - 20 of 84 Posts