Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Average Android
237 Posts
linuxmotion said:
As per jaxadian. Standard to what. AOSP is the standard we go by. Its a good thought though. Implementation may be different for different devices is why it might not be a AOSP 'standard'

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
DSP Manager doesn't fix this, and I know exactly what cowisland is talking about. It's not a product of this ROM, however, but a product of AOSP. Earlier builds did not suffer from this (CyanogenMod 1.5.2 for example). But the "audio fixes" that were implemented later caused the microphone to be too sensitive, hence the garbled sound when recording. Try it out and you'll see what I mean; play some music on your stereo at a decent level and record a video. I bet the sound is distorted, jumbled and generally sounds terrible. Again, no one is blaming any developers, but rather something else (AOSP source???). I've been yearning for a fix for this for a couple months now, as my kids like to dance to music and have me record them, then watch the videos with me. I can't do that anymore, which sucks. Hopefully this will be fixed in future (source???) releases.

·
Average Android
237 Posts
"cowisland said:
I second performance controls. Also, is there a way to lower microphone sensitivity when recording videos? Right now, unless very quiet, the sound gets garbled. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I loaded the latest version of CM7 for comparison sake and the recording quality with videos was fixed. Version 1.6.1 had issues, but 1.7 doesn't. I hope OMFGB applies the same changes! Please please please! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts