Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Developer
200 Posts
I think nightlies manager needs more work. I wish you could add these:

1. Option to cancel and a delete during a download.

2. Detect when a connection drops and cancel the download to avoid a corrupted file.

3. Md5 checking before flashing file. To ensure its not corrupted.

4. Option to wipe cache AND dalvik cache.

My wifi kept dropping out as a example. So downloading kept stopping resulting in corruption.
This is a place for me to hold some ideas

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
I think nightlies manager needs more work. I wish you could add these:

1. Option to cancel and a delete during a download. << this is a great idea, someting i didnt realize until just recently that we didnt have.

2. Detect when a connection drops and cancel the download to avoid a corrupted file. << also awesome idea

3. Md5 checking before flashing file. To ensure its not corrupted. << we have something similar to this, but md5 checking may be better

4. Option to wipe cache AND dalvik cache. << dalvik cache is rebuilt whenever the framework is changed.

My wifi kept dropping out as a example. So downloading kept stopping resulting in corruption.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
r2/linuxinmotion: I just created a new thread for feature requests for the rest of God Mode. Please collect your thoughts there for that. You're hijacking my thread! ;-)

In other news, got a domain and potentially an ftp account to work with for hosting. Will start on that tomorrow.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
first time using this rom. like it so far. my suggestions would have to be though:
1. Ability to set lockscreen clock and text to stock and location.
2. Ability to change font to stock or others.
3. Ability to change the icon on apps on the launcher front screens.
4. Ability to change the Clear button in pull down to smaller size.
small stuff i know but thats my suggestions.

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Does God Mode have the MIUI or some other alternative camera app?

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Jaxidian said:
No. If you can show me a flashable .zip that uninstalls the existing camera and installs the MIUI camera, I'll get it in there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
All I have is the APK. I'll see about making a flashable zip when I get home. Would have to figure out how to make an "undo" one as well.

No worries, though. It's not that hard to swap em out with a root-enabled file explorer. Just wanted to throw it out there as some people might prefer it in God Mode. Awesome work from this team. Since Th30ry had to go on hiatus due to family issues, now's a perfect time to come back to OMFGB.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
actually, the lock will be added as an in rom option, no need for flashable stuff.
and LinuxMotion said hes going to work on it himself, so i can promise that its going to turn out amazing. im good, but linuxmotion just does some insane stuff. we were talking about how to make the shortcuts work as they do in sense 3.0 where you pull them into the ring, and hes already got an idea for it.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
r2doesinc said:
actually, the lock will be added as an in rom option, no need for flashable stuff.
and LinuxMotion said hes going to work on it himself, so i can promise that its going to turn out amazing. im good, but linuxmotion just does some insane stuff. we were talking about how to make the shortcuts work as they do in sense 3.0 where you pull them into the ring, and hes already got an idea for it.
sounds good to me. glad you guys could pick up where i left off.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts