Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Developer
200 Posts
cowisland said:
Thank you for the suggestion, I will see if DSP can help. The perfect solution would be to set the sensitivity automatically, based on how loud the sound is, which is the standard practice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
As per jaxadian. Standard to what. AOSP is the standard we go by. Its a good thought though. Implementation may be different for different devices is why it might not be a AOSP 'standard'

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Thought I'd pose the question here before starting a whole new thread in the general forum:

Does anyone know of a way to automatically silence notifications like the quiet hours feature in CM7? I'm not asking for the feature to be ported from CM7, as I know you guys are wanting to stay away from being just another CM7 clone, but I'm not having much luck finding a third party solution so far.

·
Android Apprentice
272 Posts
How bout an option to hide the headphone icon when headphones are plugged in? Always felt that was the most pointless icon.. just look an inch to the left..

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Veridor said:
Thought I'd pose the question here before starting a whole new thread in the general forum:

Does anyone know of a way to automatically silence notifications like the quiet hours feature in CM7? I'm not asking for the feature to be ported from CM7, as I know you guys are wanting to stay away from being just another CM7 clone, but I'm not having much luck finding a third party solution so far.
Tasker?

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
"Jaxidian said:
Tasker?

Forgot about Tasker. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
70 Posts
A setting that will only display the clock in the status bar during a activity(in a app, browsing, etc. ). But hides it when on the home screens. It's always drove me nuts to have two clocks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
237 Posts
linuxmotion said:
As per jaxadian. Standard to what. AOSP is the standard we go by. Its a good thought though. Implementation may be different for different devices is why it might not be a AOSP 'standard'

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
DSP Manager doesn't fix this, and I know exactly what cowisland is talking about. It's not a product of this ROM, however, but a product of AOSP. Earlier builds did not suffer from this (CyanogenMod 1.5.2 for example). But the "audio fixes" that were implemented later caused the microphone to be too sensitive, hence the garbled sound when recording. Try it out and you'll see what I mean; play some music on your stereo at a decent level and record a video. I bet the sound is distorted, jumbled and generally sounds terrible. Again, no one is blaming any developers, but rather something else (AOSP source???). I've been yearning for a fix for this for a couple months now, as my kids like to dance to music and have me record them, then watch the videos with me. I can't do that anymore, which sucks. Hopefully this will be fixed in future (source???) releases.

·
Android Addict
933 Posts
One thing I would like to see is the 4Glte logo from the th3ory Rom. Just the plain little 4G logo does look good in my opinion. And if you and the lte to it then it gives it the Verizon look to it.

Proud New dad. Oh yeah is a BOY!!!

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
R2 just merged some changes with new kernels (LeanKernel specifically), an updated EpicBlue theme, and... wait for it... the MIUI camera! For the camera, though, be sure to read the notes - it requires you to bump up the camera resolution to get the FFC to fully work (a change you should do anyways imho).

·
Lurker
111 Posts
from my findings (may just be me) but the MIUI theme from Zdune actually messes with the MIUI Camera and makes the preview only half the screen until go into settings and then back out... although MEIZU is just fine... just incase anyone else wants to test or anything...

also here is a zip that auto-deletes the AOSP Camera and Replaces it with MIUI Camera for CWR or TWRP. (may error first load but reload it and works fine)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtbqlik2il14tbt

Reactions: FracturedHelmet

·
Average Android
237 Posts
"cowisland said:
I second performance controls. Also, is there a way to lower microphone sensitivity when recording videos? Right now, unless very quiet, the sound gets garbled. Thanks!

I loaded the latest version of CM7 for comparison sake and the recording quality with videos was fixed. Version 1.6.1 had issues, but 1.7 doesn't. I hope OMFGB applies the same changes! Please please please! :)

·
Android Apprentice
147 Posts
Here is a suggestion. Chances are it has been discussed already, but here it goes. A huge part of the reason we love our 3G/4G power control switch is because there is not much benefit of having the phone on 4G while it is on standby (i.e. it can update the weather on 3G just fine). I thought it would be a nice touch to have the option to *automatically* turn 4G off after the screen is off, say, for 5 minutes, and turn it back on *automatically* when the screen is back on. Also, just wanted to say I am loving OMFGB (thanks a lot devs!) and, incidentally, waiting for the 3G/4G switch to be fixed so that I can update to the latest nightly!

·
Average Android
121 Posts
"r2doesinc said:
you get some fonts together and ill see about adding that as an actual feature under UI settings.

Jax made this more for like, kernel suggestions, themes, things of that sort.
I have some fonts packaged in update.zip but it was for the incredible.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts