Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: I am not part of the OMFGB/OMGB team (known as T3HH4XX0R) but I am trying to help their ROM become better, hence this thread.

This thread is to help encourage discussion of and collecting feature requests for God Mode. Specifically, this thread is for settings, options, configurations, and features of the ROM and software that is specifically part of OMFGB and OMGB, NOT for third-party addons (that thread is here).

Any time that you have a feature to suggest, any technical information that you can provide would be wonderful! Often times it may be as simple as linking to a thread that some developer has created with specific mods. Other times it may be actually explaining what part of what XML file needs change to what value in order to accomplish the customization. And yet other times it may be in the form of a pull request (this is actually your best bet to get a tweak added quickly!).

What hit us with what you got!

If you feel the desire to donate, please see here. I'm not accepting donations but Team T3HH4XX0R is.
 

·
Just here for teh bewbs
Joined
·
846 Posts
Please also try to keep away from just pulling features from CM.
CM is a great rom, and there are parts that we used from them, but we arent looking to become another cm clone. Keep the ideas original if you can.
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
r2doesinc said:
Please also try to keep away from just pulling features from CM.
CM is a great rom, and there are parts that we used from them, but we arent looking to become another cm clone. Keep the ideas original if you can.
Yes, totally!

Now that somebody else has replied, here's my first request:

Centered clock in Notification Bar The mod is currently specifically for CM7 but I don't see why it couldn't be made for OMFGB. The dev said he plans to port it ton OMFGB so you could probably easily get a bit of help to make it happen more easily. :)

If you read the thread, it has a ton of info in there. While I personally only care about the centered text, some might want the transparent notification bar too. If you try to add the transparent notification bar part (I don't fully understand what that is), apparently the launcher needs to support something about disabling a wallpaper hack (I don't really know what that does other than it's a checkbox in ADW). Also, of course you need a TMo theme with a transparent notification bar (Meizo is one such theme).
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
110 Posts
I second the centered clock option.

Another request for clock:

-Small a or p next to the clock just like am pm (but no m's)

I would love that!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
31 Posts
How about the ability for wifi to sleep when the phone is sleeping. Spare Parts tells me my phone has wifi on all night long, even though the screen is dark for 7+ hrs a night. Generally if I have less than 40% battery before I go to sleep, it's dead in the morning, no matter what nightly I'm on.

Love the rom, though...still the best out there for speed and usability. Just needs a few more settings, I think. ;)
 

·
Just here for teh bewbs
Joined
·
846 Posts
is there a way to do polls or something?
what id like to do is get votes for each proposed feature, gauge how many people are interested.
i like options, but i like useful and practical options better.
 

·
Lurker
Joined
·
111 Posts
only real things i miss from CM7 is ability to hide the lockscreen sliders when i enable menu/volume lock and the mms font/vibriation settings and ability to have mms white or black background.
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Subliminal said:
How about the ability for wifi to sleep when the phone is sleeping. Spare Parts tells me my phone has wifi on all night long, even though the screen is dark for 7+ hrs a night. Generally if I have less than 40% battery before I go to sleep, it's dead in the morning, no matter what nightly I'm on.
That's built into Android. :)

Settings -> Wireless & network settings -> Wi-Fi settings -> Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
r2doesinc said:
is there a way to do polls or something?
what id like to do is get votes for each proposed feature, gauge how many people are interested.
i like options, but i like useful and practical options better.
If you create a new thread, it can have a poll in it. I can't modify this thread to add a rotating poll or anything like that, though. You might be able to, though, with your magical mod powers.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
501 Posts
Be able to change shortcuts for SMS and Calls. i dont use the stock messaging app. Please put this one there. This is a great rom and this would make it even better
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
Can an option to hide the TTY box in the statusbar be added? As far as I know, enabling tty is the only way to enable the mic when the phone is plugged into an aux port in a car, and it certainly takes up a bunch of space in the statusbar.

Thanks!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
68 Posts
"crkdvnm said:
Be able to change shortcuts for SMS and Calls. i dont use the stock messaging app. Please put this one there. This is a great rom and this would make it even better
I don't use stock messaging application either. Can I actually delete it without problems? I
have deleted stock stock email and gallery without issues
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spydersilk said:
I don't use stock messaging application either. Can I actually delete it without problems? I
have deleted stock stock email and gallery without issues
It depends. By default, even if you use Handcent, the stock messaging app is what actually goes and fetches texts, Handcent is only what notifies you that you have the text. If you delete the stock, you'll have to make sure your replacement app then goes and fetches them. In Handcent, this is: Settings -> Receive message settings -> Auto retrieve (and various other settings around there). If you use another SMS app, then hopefully it has similar settings. If it does not, then you need to keep the default app.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
80 Posts
Related to this, it'd be awesome if you could configure the quick launch buttons on the lockscreen (esp. the honeycomb concept) to other apps. I don't text, so having the message icon be the default choice makes this feature rather unappealing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Spydersilk said:
I don't use stock messaging application either. Can I actually delete it without problems? I
have deleted stock stock email and gallery without issues
Yes you can delete the stock mms.apk and it WILL NOT be a problem. Handcent works fine as a replacement if that's what you want to use..
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
80 Posts
I think it'd be awesome to have the indicator bars for the notification power widgets resting directly on the footer, with the normal widget icons directly displayed on the pulldown background, while shrinking the top pulldown area as much as possible. The effect would be similar to the bottom status bar tweak for CM7, but only the power widgets would move, not the bar as a whole.
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
200 Posts
rpz3.14 said:
I think it'd be awesome to have the indicator bars for the notification power widgets resting directly on the footer, with the normal widget icons directly displayed on the pulldown background, while shrinking the top pulldown area as much as possible. The effect would be similar to the bottom status bar tweak for CM7, but only the power widgets would move, not the bar as a whole.
Its funny you say this because Roman has actually done that. There is just no setting for it yet

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top