Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh I just can't decide...

I have been running OMFGB for a while but I also have ran CM7 and I love them both but I just can't decide which to go with.

Can someone please help me out.

·
Supporting Member
127 Posts
Cm7. The new build that just dropped has fixed data. (No toggling required... just boots and connects to 4g)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
mcmillanje said:
Cm7. The new build that just dropped has fixed data. (No toggling required... just boots and connects to 4g)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
Ditto with OMFGB. Back to a hard choice! ;-)

Ultimately, I'd say a lot of it depends on what add'l features you want in your ROM and whether CM7 has them or OMFGB has them. Want the Honeycomb-concept lockscreen and more frequent updates? Go OMFGB. Want more display backlight configuration controls? Go CM7.
(clearly those aren't the only factors, just a couple that quickly came to mind)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Even though I am a total CM7 fanboi at heart and have worked on it since I started off with my DInc, I have to say OMFGB is sexy as hell. Runs smooth and has a solid base. Loving it to death right now but once CM7 starts making progress, we'll see a battle for the AOSP scene.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
ProTekk said:
Even though I am a total CM7 fanboi at heart and have worked on it since I started off with my DInc, I have to say OMFGB is sexy as hell. Runs smooth and has a solid base. Loving it to death right now but once CM7 starts making progress, we'll see a battle for the AOSP scene.
What progress is CM7 lacking? I'd say that at this point, they are both very similar to each other. I know Slayher and Xoomdev both help each other quite a bit and share quite a bit of code.

·
News Team/Moderator
882 Posts
Jaxidian said:
What progress is CM7 lacking? I'd say that at this point, they are both very similar to each other. I know Slayher and Xoomdev both help each other quite a bit and share quite a bit of code.
I LOVE AOSP ANDROID FOR THAT VERY REASON (just excited, sorry)

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I have ben using cm7 since my nexus one and love it. I recently saw OMFGB and I am very impressed. There is a good phone/device list it supports. I say the only thing t hat CM7 has over OMFGB is time to mature and grow as a great AOSP rom. For me its a constant battle. You might just want to try both out for about 3 days and see how each works... wifi, battery gps and so on. :)

·
Android Apprentice
203 Posts
Tried both today and chose to stay with OMFGB. Like a few more features in it. The option to put my name in the carrier spot. :) seriously, they are both good. This one just seems better on my phone with my setup.

·
Experienced Android Enthusiast
754 Posts
Haven't tried both so I can't quite say but OMFGB is amazing, need to get the lockscreens and theming going for AOSP rom though just like the Sense roms

1 - 17 of 17 Posts