Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Professional Stuff Breaker
1,402 Posts
This may come as a bit of a shock to some folks, but as it turns out, there is a wiki here on RootzWiki, and on that wiki there's even a page for our phone!

It's amazing! Who knew?

And what's this, there's GUIDES on this thing? Like, how to unlock and root, flash a radio, undo encryption, and access Safe Mode? Holy crap, there is!

Who would have thought there's a wiki on RootzWiki? Right? Right?

But seriously, use the wiki! If you've found some awesome tutorial for our device that should be on there, then register and add it! Don't worry if your formatting is quite up to snuff, I'll help you out, get it all nice and tidy, and you'll learn a thing or two on how to use a wiki!

Better yet, if you have another device that could use a page, or needs more information, then please, add it! Registration is almost painless, and takes just a few seconds!

The more info we can get on the wiki, the less threads of "OMG HOW I FLASH?" and "PHONE R BRICKED WAT DO?" we'll have to see around the forum. It also provides a very neat location for developers to post information about their ROMs, and there's tons of templates which help make it easier to write out articles.

Developers, aspiring and renowned, can also find plenty of information there, like should I include Google Apps in my ROM, which Google Apps package should I recommend, how do I sign this damned ZIP, and more!

So c'mon, check the wiki, add to it, and help share information!

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Wiki? Never heard of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
1,402 Posts

·
Android Beginner
217 Posts
Ill bump this because I love the point of it but I think the efforts are futile. Its just sheer numbers. The android community grows everyday, the people you are posting about right now will get it and learn and eventually do things by themselves.

All the while they are learning, Joe Schmo just got his first android smartphone and he is gonna find out more about it. Lo and behold he stumbles onto Rootz and HOLY CRAP WHAT IS ALL THAT IS GIBBERISH!!#[email protected]#$. That gives birth to all the junk threads and people flaming other people.

Nature of the beast my friend.

·
Supporting Member
471 Posts

·
News Team
208 Posts
Setting up ADB for our device In Progress... Windows: Done. Linux, OS X: Not started.
Unlocking the Bootloader
Obtaining Root Access and Custom Recovery
Backing Your Files Up/Restoring Your Applications / Contacts / Nandroid
Installing A Rom (Or Kernel/Radios/Tweaks/Themes/etc.)
If you like, you can feel free to add my article for setting up ADB/the SDK/etc for our device in Linux to your Wiki. It uses Tahl's script. Link here: http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/article...or-setting-up-adb-and-transferring-files-r592 and the original script is here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/20849-sc...right-click-to-push-mtp-support-aapt-apktool/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

·
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you like, you can feel free to add my article for setting up ADB/the SDK/etc for our device in Linux to your Wiki. It uses Tahl's script. Link here: http://rootzwiki.com...ring-files-r592 and the original script is here: http://rootzwiki.com...t-aapt-apktool/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
I added your article to the External Links section of the Toro page. The Android SDK installation tutorial I wrote for Linux is meant to work with any device, and Ubuntu. Now to try and make a guide for OS X...

·
News Team
208 Posts

·
Developer
194 Posts
Yeah definitely give my script a look over for Linux (Ubuntu / Linux Mint). It installs all of the udev rules for all the devices (that I know of at the time I update my file). The only part of it that is actually Galaxy Nexus specific is the fact that it installs the USB rules that MTP requires for the Galaxy Nexus. However, that step is completely optional.

·
Android Tweaker
45 Posts
You people amaze me. Its not the customization and freedom to explore the possibilities android offers that IMO make android hands down the best platform going. Its the community and its willingness to help and teach that do it for me. Thanks to all who lend a hand and or knowledge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Reactions: DrMacinyasha
1 - 17 of 17 Posts