Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Average Android
74 Posts
This post is outdated. Please go HERE for latest Root and Unroot tool.

CONFIRMED ROOT in less than 5 mins

DroidX running FULL STOCK .602 13p

Followed this exactly (via DroidLife):

Instructions:

1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
2. Download and unzip 'Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - [Download 1-Click]
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
5. Navigate to 'Droid 3 easy root' folder and run 'Click to root your Droid 3.bat'
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

Original post on RootzWiki that was for the Droid3. All credit and props to the respective owners, I am simply posting a confirmed root.

As an FYI on this particular DroidX. Recently this phone was completely sbfd to froyo, then an official OTA to a clean stock .602 with a 13p radio. This was as clean 100% stock as you can get on the .602 13p, so this is the poo take a big whiff.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Just used the .596 sbf took .602 OTA and rooted, Droid 2 bootstrapped and advance restore data. Worked awesome!

·
News Team
208 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there a .sh file out yet? I try to stay out of Windows :p Glad this is up and running though! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I'm new to this root thing and Android for that matter. When I tried the one click root solution it said my phone is not connected when in charging mode even after downloading the drivers. Can someone please instruct me on what I may be doing wrong.
Thanks

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
dbrcrx said:
I'm new to this root thing and Android for that matter. When I tried the one click root solution it said my phone is not connected when in charging mode even after downloading the drivers. Can someone please instruct me on what I may be doing wrong.
Thanks
try rebooting your computer

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Thanks razorloves I tried that also... the phone gets recognized in usb mass storage mode but not charge only mode. An error message pops up that says insert a disk in drive F: I appreciate all of you helping out.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
dbrcrx said:
Thanks razorloves I tried that also... the phone gets recognized in usb mass storage mode but not charge only mode. An error message pops up that says insert a disk in drive F: I appreciate all of you helping out.
the first post is outdated. there have been changes to the process and script. follow here http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3714

there's also mention there of a problem droid x users are having. and a solution is provided.

as far as your problem goes. just run it in mass storage mode. should work fine.

·
Android Beginner
36 Posts
Am I high??? I followed the directions, sbf'ed back to .340 did the OTA up to .602... Got the one click root from psouza and the 32bit drivers. unzipped the one click ran the .exe connected the usb set to charge. One Click found it started the process when it went to reboot 1 of 3, my phone went into recovery and stoped... I unplugged the USB reboot the phone plug it back in and repeat 2 of 3 then at 3 of 3 the one click says complete you are now rooted..... BUT IT LIES! sorry getting a little crazy with this.... Any help would be fantastic!

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
this method worked for my droid x running 602 outta the box, just got it from fed ex an hour ago! sooo nice, i was expecting an sbf til i saw this thread. followed all instructions in the op, and i should note that my phone did NOT boot into the bootloader at all during the process, rebooted the the homescreen like normal each time. thanks a bunch

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.