Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
siff said:
Am I high??? I followed the directions, sbf'ed back to .340 did the OTA up to .602... Got the one click root from psouza and the 32bit drivers. unzipped the one click ran the .exe connected the usb set to charge. One Click found it started the process when it went to reboot 1 of 3, my phone went into recovery and stoped... I unplugged the USB reboot the phone plug it back in and repeat 2 of 3 then at 3 of 3 the one click says complete you are now rooted..... BUT IT LIES! sorry getting a little crazy with this.... Any help would be fantastic!
you did the steps in the wrong order. try it again and let us know

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
i have droid-x and i have flashed so many roms (offiical and pre-root) and CM7 amd MIUI etc...
right now i am currently on 4.5.602 pre-root (the zip files that are part 1 and part 2)
i have my phone setup pretty much how i want...uninstalled a ton of crap with root uninstaller....already made my nand backup.
just wondering what i do from here to get OTA .602 installed and rooter and then what about all my data/apps that i have setup?
thanks

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
tdbone1 said:
i have droid-x and i have flashed so many roms (offiical and pre-root) and CM7 amd MIUI etc...
right now i am currently on 4.5.602 pre-root (the zip files that are part 1 and part 2)
i have my phone setup pretty much how i want...uninstalled a ton of crap with root uninstaller....already made my nand backup.
just wondering what i do from here to get OTA .602 installed and rooter and then what about all my data/apps that i have setup?
thanks
just sbf to 596, or even 340, then check for updates and accept the ota. Then you can redo your setup. Titanium backup is a popular program you might like to use for backing up everything before sbf

·
Android Beginner
45 Posts
I just updated to 2.3.3 on my X.
I followed the 1 click instructions, and Root went well.

I installed Clockwork to try and get into recovery. No luck.
I also installed Bootstrap, still cannot get into recovery.
Am I missing something? I checked ROOT several ways, and I am rooted.
Any help appreciated.
All I want to do is to be able to tether!!

·
Android Beginner
45 Posts
OK, I found a post down below that said to disable USB Debugging, and that would get me access to the recovery screen through Bootstrap, and it did.

Still no wifi tethering apps are working. PITA!!!

·
Android Apprentice
72 Posts
plzzzz edit the first post of the thread...i was confused about the method and the files until i read the whole thread and found RAZORLOVES link thanx RAZOR......

·
Average Android
185 Posts
i couldnt get the .sh to work on my mac so i moved over to windows and got it to work. every time it rebooted, my phone would go to the bootloader so i had to unplug, battery pull, restart then plug back in. other than that, this method worked fine.

why does it go to the bootloader? b/c usb debugging is on?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
abdul101 said:
plzzzz edit the first post of the thread...i was confused about the method and the files until i read the whole thread and found RAZORLOVES link thanx RAZOR......
thanks man. the link has always been in the first post. it's just close to the bottom.

gi812 said:
i couldnt get the .sh to work on my mac so i moved over to windows and got it to work. every time it rebooted, my phone would go to the bootloader so i had to unplug, battery pull, restart then plug back in. other than that, this method worked fine.

why does it go to the bootloader? b/c usb debugging is on?
probably something to do with the way you upgraded to .602. how did you do it? is it still doing it?

·
Android Apprentice
159 Posts
Worked perfect absolutely no problems. took about 3 minutes to run the program, rebooted 3 times and it was done. also boots into CWM Recovery with no issues using D2 Bootstrapper.
IDK if it matters but I SBF'd to 340 then allowed the update to 602. then wiped data thru stock recovery. all thats probably not necessary but i wanted a good clean install.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"Rocko said:
I had to unplug the cable after each reboot as it powered down but kept the phone on the bootloader screen. Unplugged, rebooted, plugged back in seemed to work.
It kept the phone on bootloader screen? Can you elaborate please. Details. What os. Which root file. Thanks

·
Android = Win.
642 Posts
This worked great, the only caveat being that wireless tether still doesn't work -- it never gets past the VZW watchdog network login BS. This is pretty much the only reason why I rooted so I could tether my touchpad to my DX. =(

I'm not sure if I want to get into flashing a ROM just for that, but I may dive into it at some point as the touchpad is wifi only, so tethering is pretty much a necessity for me.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Siciliano said:
This worked great, the only caveat being that wireless tether still doesn't work -- it never gets past the VZW watchdog network login BS. This is pretty much the only reason why I rooted so I could tether my touchpad to my DX. =(

I'm not sure if I want to get into flashing a ROM just for that, but I may dive into it at some point as the touchpad is wifi only, so tethering is pretty much a necessity for me.
if you're not ready for custom roms, you can flash your phone to a previous official stock rom that allowed wifi tethering to work. just follow the steps here to put your phone on the .340 rom
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?399-UPDATED-GUIDE-LINKS-DX-SBF-s

·
Android = Win.
642 Posts
razorloves said:
if you're not ready for custom roms, you can flash your phone to a previous official stock rom that allowed wifi tethering to work. just follow the steps here to put your phone on the .340 rom
Thanks for all your help man!!! Is .340 froyo? I would really love to keep gingerbread -- can you recommend a Gingerbread based ROM that will allow me to tether??

Thanks again!!!

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Siciliano said:
Thanks for all your help man!!! Is .340 froyo? I would really love to keep gingerbread -- can you recommend a Gingerbread based ROM that will allow me to tether??

Thanks again!!!
you're welcome man
yea, .340 is froyo.
i think the only gingerbread roms that allow wireless tethering are the 2nd-init roms (cm4dx, miui, ssx, omfgb, omgb, liquid). you can find them and read about them here http://rootzwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Droid-X-Developer-Forum

·
Android = Win.
642 Posts
razorloves said:
Probably a stupid question, but I just installed PDAnet and I see that it has a USB tether option. Would this work if I bought a micro USB to micro USB cable and connected my touchpad to my droid x???

·
Android = Win.
642 Posts

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Siciliano said:
Probably a stupid question, but I just installed PDAnet and I see that it has a USB tether option. Would this work if I bought a micro USB to micro USB cable and connected my touchpad to my droid x???
i havent tried, but i highly doubt it.

Siciliano said:
Sorry, one more question :) does the TBH tether patch not work for the DX anymore?

I'm referring to this one:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...thering-thread-not-debate-about-legality.html
there's a lot of controversy about that tbh patch, so i dont like to mention it. you can try it and see.

we have gone way off topic AGAIN. lol. ok...back on topic starting.....NOW

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.