Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Base:: Blur (Motorola)

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 2.3.X (GB)

Source::

OA-VXLR Version 2.2.0 (Open Android - Vortex/Liberty Reloaded)

Please read this post all the way through before installing. This will minimize /facepalm redundancies.

In short, I've picked up where SlothyDX left off on Vortex-Liberty-Reloaded ROM and finished the incomplete parts, as well as adding my own components to it.
Using the Aroma Installer, I've been able to really offer some customization options pre-install and post-install for the end user. Things like 8pt MultiTouch, Disabling Key Lights and more. I've also added an option in the installer to center, left or right-align the statusbar clock. Its a little bit buggy, and may require a couple reboots for changes to usually stick, but its functioning.
And again, with Aroma, comes the ability to change those options when you want! Don't like the centered clock after installing the patch? Just load up the installer again through CWM, and instead of choosing the ROM installation, choose "Optional Components" and change it! Same goes for any other installed optional components.
In the future I will be adding more options to the components section of the installer, like 1click Custom OC/UV settings, Custom App install, etc...

I've also fixed up this ROM's Customization Menu. The only issue I had was with the Pulldown Text code. It keeps blacking out the statusbar when you change the text (icons come back once you get a notification) and it doesn't stick on reboot, so for now it will remain disabled. I've put the full date in its place (Think this looks nicer).
I removed all the fluff from the install (the nvitems update, logo, kernel, recovery, cdt, cdrom, devtree), so this ROM just installs the system image and the relevant userdata for vortex to run. This also allows you to install this ROM on ANY SBF. Just make sure you pay attention to the wifi fix option in the installer (depending on what SBF you're on) and you're good to go.

Please read Post #3 "Known Bugs/Issues" before reporting issues to this thread!
When posting an issue, please provide the following:
  • SBF version
  • Your issue
  • Steps to replicate the issue
A personal request: Please refrain from asking about updates and when they are to be expected. When there is enough changed/fixed to warrant an update, rest assured I will put out an update. I have never left any of my ROMs open eneded, so expect updates at my discretion until I deem the project as "Closed".
Thanks!

With all that said, here you go.
Features:
  • -Stock, de-Blurred-based, so everything works & amazing battery life!
  • -Aroma Installer with Ability to Flash ROM and Optional Components, OR just flash optional components.
  • -More Optional components added periodically (clock alignment, battery icon options, init.d scripts, etc...).
  • -Fixed Liberty Customization Menu.
  • -Universal carrier bits added (Able to install on multiple carriers with Minimal data issues)
  • -Universal SBF Install (doesn't matter what SBF version you're on)
  • -Wizards Hijack BootMenu
  • -Updated Gapps preloaded
  • -Updated Apk's
  • -Updated UI
  • -CM7 Generic Mms.apk (for universal carrier aspect)
  • -A Few system tweaks
  • -Lightflow Integration (LED Control)
  • -New Boot Animation
What Works:
  • Everything.... except pulldown text.
What doesn't Work:
  • Pulldown Text in Customization Menu is disabled (Current date is taken up in that space).
  • Find something that doesnt work then PM me, and Good For You!!
Disclaimer:
The usual.. I claim ZERO responsibility for bricked Devices. If you can't follow instructions or are not sure of how to install a custom ROM, Don't Do It!

Installation:
  • -Boot to CWM
  • -Run Installer
  • -Choose formatting options (if you are upgrading from VXL-OA 2.1.2 you must choose COMPLETE FORMAT, or you may encounter google account issues amongst other issues.)
  • -Choose options in installer.
  • -Reboot
  • -Wait
  • -Profit!
Things to Note:
  • -Theres a Wifi Fix for all users NOT on a 621 / 604 Kernel built into the installer. Failure to flash this fix on non-621/604 kernels will result in broken wifi.
Download Links:

Main:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xip4484ep4pvf9/OA-VXLR_2.2.0_Installer_Spz0.zip

MD5 = 3b1904eb9234b4e74e7ded9503f23e05

Screenshots Below.

Much Thanks to the Liberty Team and DeVortex for creating a great build, and SlothyDX for keeping the Mod tight! And anyone else who dipped their fingers into this build: Thanks!

~Cheers

Attachments

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
Changelog.

Version 2.2.0 (01/24/13)
  • Fixed Youtube Google Play Services Error.
  • Fixed issue with search button not initiating Search
  • Fixed "Black border" battery issue when adding a call in Phone.apk
  • Overhauled installer code and changed Optional Components section in Installer
  • Added 3 Battery Icon Options, select-able through Optional Components Installer
  • Added Left Side Clock alignment option to installer
  • Disabled annoying Low Battery Popups.

Version 2.1.2 (01.18.2012)
  • -Aroma Installer with Ability to Flash ROM and Optional Components, OR just flash optional components
  • -Fixed Customization Menu
  • -Updated UI

Version 2.0.2 (01.14.2012)
  • Initial Release.

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
Known Issues / Bugs:
  • Wifi fix needed for all non-621/604 kernels.
  • Aroma Installer has a Bug inherent in it that will freeze the installation if the back button is pressed. This happens only on certain phones, and apparently ours is one. Just don't hit the back button.
    If you do, just pull the battery and reboot.
  • When changing Clock Options (incl. first boot), it may be necessary to reboot 2x for changes to take effect. In worst case random scenarios a battery pull may be needed if you encounter a boot loop. Change will take effect on next boot. Does not impede performance.
  • When changing Battery options, the battery animated icon doesnt disappear/reappear right away. To fix this, give it some time, reboot, or change signal status to kickstart the statusbar.
  • CRT OFF Animation has a tendency to not stick when you alter lockscreen settings or reboot the system (bug is intermittent and does not impact performance)
  • Numbers in "Alarms and Timer" app are black in landscape mode. Working on a fix. Workaround: Select timer in portrait before going landscape.
  • Updated version of YouTube causes Google Play Services error. Do not update YouTube -- stick with the stock version loaded on the ROM FIXED. Updated YouTube App preloaded with ROM.
  • -15% toast states 0% regardless. Working on a solution. PATCHED. Removed Low Battery Popups entirely.
  • Google search widget and search button do not respond. FIXED.
  • Black border around battery icon when adding a call in phone.apk. FIXED

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.
Being as I begrudgingly used Aroma (pita to set up btw...), that opens up some customizing options pre-install (like apks, governors, init scripts, etc...). Lots of possibilities. Im currently working on custom OC/UV presets to choose between, but if there is anything else anyone can think of, please feel free to suggest it.

~Cheers

·
My posts are made of bacon
931 Posts
Thanks.
Being as I begrudgingly used Aroma (pita to set up btw...), that opens up some customizing options pre-install (like apks, governors, init scripts, etc...). Lots of possibilities. Im currently working on custom OC/UV presets to choose between, but if there is anything else anyone can think of, please feel free to suggest it.

~Cheers
Agreed on the pita... I started one for Liquikang but abandoned the project because there were more important things to do.

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
Well firstly, this isnt a CM rom. It's blur based. So to compare the 2 is apples and oranges. Read the Op for some features, and follow up on the original VXL thread for more features. Furthermore, this rom will be supported, as I dont think CM74DX is any longer.
Over CM, probably better battery life would be the biggest plus, due to it not being 2nd init.
Best way to see the differences and the feel is totry it out. Can always nandroid back if you dont like it.

~Cheers

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update. Im making some pretty good progress on the customizations menu. Hoping to have it all fixed up within a few days -- latest a week (cant do this all the time
).

·
Archaic Device Reviver
342 Posts
The light for the hard keys pop on an off randomly would like them just to remain off

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki
The hard keys run on the light sensor. If you are in a lit room they will turn off, dark room and they will turn on. Thats an inherent feature in the rom build. iirc theres build prop mods around here to disable hard key lights.

·
My posts are made of bacon
931 Posts
Not sure if the file system is the same as what I've been playing with in the D2 but running this script at boot will disable the hardware button lights:

Create a new file, name it whatever you want, set it to run at boot in a script manager, and paste the below into it.
Code:
<br />
#!/system/bin/sh<br />
#Button backlight off until reboot.<br />
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness<br />
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness<br />
BTW if it's like I've ran into it's not random. It's set upon your auto brightness settings.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.