Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
This sounds like something I need badly. Unfortunately I'm still uncomfortable playing with the scripting or finding the proper place. Could someone please post directions of where to paste (GPS.config?)? Sorry for the noobness but am still learning and willing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you use Root Explorer you can do all this directly from your phone. Go to etc followed by GPS.config and you can copy/paste the info from the OP directly into the file. Switch to Mount R/O then long press on GPS.config. Choose the "open in text editor" and paste the new configurations. When you save Root Explorer will automatically save your original setup as GPS.config.bak in the event you want to undo the changes. I rebooted when I was done, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. Took me less than 3 minutes to complete the whole process.
Thanks much RodeoJ. Great guide and I followed exactly using Root Explorer. I'll be using GPS extensively today in the backcountry, no other service, lots of startups and gps re-lockups throughout the day. Will report. Thanks again for helping this noob getting installed

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've used this script for a couple weeks now. I use GPS daily along with Backcountry Navigator, an app for using offline maps and creating tracks. The lockups are MANY times quicker on starts, and I've gotten locks in places I hadn't before. I feel that I'm using a whole different GPS program overall! Thanks for the script mitch0115.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks Mitch! I've been using this in the back country for over a month with great success vs. stock GPS. I've had problems for years on a couple different devices getting a lock in a couple particular areas. Your script has worked great for me. Can you please explain what was the updated to the zip? I read the Op but maybe I missed it. Just wondering, no biggie.... I installed it over the last version and will be using it for the first time this week. Thx again for your work on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts