Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had CM7 running and wanted to switch to .602 OTA GB. I don't need my tether all the time, but it comes in handy a lot. For some reason the 3G mobile hotspot keeps popping up and I can't seem to get around it. Any ideas?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
DicVodge said:
I had CM7 running and wanted to switch to .602 OTA GB. I don't need my tether all the time, but it comes in handy a lot. For some reason the 3G mobile hotspot keeps popping up and I can't seem to get around it. Any ideas?
free tethering has been blocked in the stock gingerbread roms on the droid x. it was blocked on 596 also.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
DicVodge said:
So i take it there is no way for it to work at the moment? If not i will just sbf back and revisit CM7. Thanks
you can use the teamblackhat tether patch. the original link to download it, at mydroidworld, was taken down cuz they didnt want to promote stealing or whatever. but you can still find links to it out there on the interwebz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.