Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to overclock the touchpad after cm7 is installed? I might wanna fully install droid natively instead of dual booting. I don't really wanna waste space dual booting because I don't see a point having both unless they are somehow combined together.

·
Registered
982 Posts
willtan said:
Is it possible to overclock the touchpad after cm7 is installed? I might wanna fully install droid natively instead of dual booting. I don't really wanna waste space dual booting because I don't see a point having both unless they are somehow combined together.
I'm 99% Sure it can be, If it could be on web os why not on android, and etc :D

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
if I remember right, in another thread dalingrin stated 1.2ghz I'd imagine 1.2 Gingerbread would be as fast as he states but I'm sure we all will wan t to oc to 1.5 knowing its stable hell even 1.7-1.9 for some people.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dalingrin said:
Yes you will be able to overclock. That said, its very fast without it.
so it will just run 1.2ghz for the cm7 version? Cause I hadta overclock mine to 1.5ghz for it to run average speed without lag on webOs. 1.2ghz was quite slow. Just wanna optimise the hardware for the touchpad.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
willtan said:
so it will just run 1.2ghz for the cm7 version? Cause I hadta overclock mine to 1.5ghz for it to run average speed without lag on webOs. 1.2ghz was quite slow. Just wanna optimise the hardware for the touchpad.
WebOS and A Trimmed down version of Android are two very different things, it will fly at 1.2, and be even faster at 1.5,

phones at 800-1ghz sometimes lag being (stock) from buying it, after installing cm7 they normally fly!!!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
willtan said:
Is it possible to overclock the touchpad after cm7 is installed?
This is completely dependent on the kernel, not the ROM. Can you expect overclocking? Yes. Immediately? Not really sure about that.

I might wanna fully install droid natively instead of dual booting. I don't really wanna waste space dual booting because I don't see a point having both unless they are somehow combined together.
#1.) Droid != Android

#2.) You're confusing a "full" single install as a "native" install. Yeah I'm picky as terms go but no harm in clearing these things up :) As far as the whole dual booting situation goes, you'll be more than likely to specify partition sizes/resizes so essentially you could do Android as a single install by itself although it may not be available as an option on day one.

Some more detail on overclocking: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...ing-in-android&p=103948&viewfull=1#post103948

1 - 8 of 8 Posts