Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i was looking at the Rom options available, and realized one thing will make a big difference to me. My only real complaint since getting this phone on launch day is that Pandora doesn't work anywhere close to normal. Does it play nice with any of the roms currently out there?

·
Average Android
72 Posts
DroidSales said:
So, i was looking at the Rom options available, and realized one thing will make a big difference to me. My only real complaint since getting this phone on launch day is that Pandora doesn't work anywhere close to normal. Does it play nice with any of the roms currently out there?
Not really sure what issues your having, but I'm running eclipse v.5 & have never really had any issues when using Pandora except occasional skips while listening & using the browser. If your looking for a rom, this ones pretty nice. Hope that might help ya...

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
With Eclipse the Pandora issues happen much less than they do on the stock ROM. They do still occur though. I don't think I have ever had a skip or pop using Pandora, but I also tend to leave they phone alone other than an occasional upvote etc. My main issue with Pandora on Android has been that it just stops playing a song and cuts to the next one or an ad. If you google the issue it seems to be a common theme among Android phones and Pandora.

All that said there is a new version of Pandora on the market that mentions fixing an out of memory condition, so maybe that will help. I have tried and old 1.3 version that was skinned and did not display ads, butt that would also skip for me. If you find a bulletproof solution, let me know :)

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. Trying to find a way to make it smooooth. Love Pandora, just not on this phone lol

I'll install eclipse and see how that goes.

Thanks!

·
Android Enthusiast
69 Posts
I run Eclipse v.6. In addition, you may want to go over to XDA and grap the Speed v3 script. This improves the memory usage even further. My phone is quicker and I have even less audio popping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts