Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
On CM7 for the DX, by default all the hard keys including volume wake the phone. Many people including myself do not like this, so it can be changed by modifying a few key layout files. The problem is, after each flash I have to copy these files back to the /system/usr/keylayout folder and change the permissions. This takes about 2 minutes, so I decided to make a few update scripts for CWM that can be flashed after the nightly so there is one less step in updating nightly.

I made 3 scripts. One will make it so that no hard keys wake the phone except the power button. The second is the way Moto ships the device, where the Home and Power keys wake the device. Both of these are independent of the CM7 option to allow wake with volume keys, so you can use these and still enable the volume key wake if you so desire. I also included a script that will revert to the stock CM7 layout that allows all buttons including volume to wake the device.

Usual disclaimer applies: I am not responsible for any problems with your device. Flash at your own risk. These have been tested on multiple CM7 Droid X's.

Just download and flash through CWM like any other update and can be flashed immediately after the ROM and the patch with no need to reboot in between.

MD5s (probably overkill since they are so small) and zip files:

WakePhoneByPwrOnly.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/4DYURDJ8DO
9A1F5640E26AC3F53E1FC153930F189F

WakePhoneByPwrAndHome.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/ZZON4UL9SE
5DB23A54E69C236822520567A8D8AAFE

WakePhoneButtonChangeRevert.zip
http://www.multiupload.com/APFIEBZK3X
D2EF5C9C99B7B62F295DE4BC412CBD2E

(Links updated 10/19/11)

These are based off CM7 keylayout files, so they should work on CM7 based Droid X ROMs. I do not know if they will work on other ROMs, as I did not compare the stock keylayout files in other ROMs.

·
O_o
1,395 Posts
Interesting, my volume keys don't wake mine. All four front keys do though. I might do the PwrAndHome one.

Thanks

·
Average Android
312 Posts
All keys woke my DX when I was on CM7. I'm currently running Liquid v2.3 and I'm tempted to try the PWR & Home Key file.

Hmmm...let me do a backup and I'll report back how it goes.

·
Droidrage
175 Posts
Only the power button and the single home button (not menu/return/search) wakes mine up.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
johnomaz said:
Only the power button and the single home button (not menu/return/search) wakes mine up.
me too... I'm also running stock CM4DX and can only wake with home or power. Wonder how some people have a different config.

·
Google-Fu Master
69 Posts
Worked beautifully for my phone. Was driving me crazy beforehand.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"airmaxx23 said:
The only keys that wake my Droid X on CM7 are the Power and Home buttons, they've been this way for quite a while.
Same here. Just like stock rom does. Wonder how it can be different. I guess there's different hardware versions of the droid x.

·
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dimachka said:
me too... I'm also running stock CM4DX and can only wake with home or power. Wonder how some people have a different config.
That is bizarre, as I pulled the stock config directly from nightly 35 and it was the same as 25, 20, and 18. If it is working then I guess no need for the patch, but some of us do have the issue so I hope it helps there.

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
A little late in this reply, but thank you very much. I didn't notice at first that mine was going this.

Menu button would bypass slide unlock and go right to security

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"INt_Rnd_Pooka said:
A little late in this reply, but thank you very much. I didn't notice at first that mine was going this.

Menu button would bypass slide unlock and go right to security
This thread is about the hard buttons waking up the phone, not unlocking it. For your problem, just go to the setting and turn off menu key unlock.

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
"razorloves said:
This thread is about the hard buttons waking up the phone, not unlocking it. For your problem, just go to the setting and turn off menu key unlock.
I was having the wake with all buttons issue. Was just clarifying that menu still bypassed the slide as it woke the device. Flashed the fix and YAY!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I registered to thank you for creating the patch. I have had this problem for a long time until coming across your fix. It certainly helps preserve battery life because the chance of my phone's screen turning on in my pocket now is basically zero, as opposed to before. Thanks!!!

·
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trixar said:
I registered to thank you for creating the patch. I have had this problem for a long time until coming across your fix. It certainly helps preserve battery life because the chance of my phone's screen turning on in my pocket now is basically zero, as opposed to before. Thanks!!!
Glad to help, everyone. Glad you joined the forum and I hope you explore it more. There is a lot of cool information and fun things to do to make the device unique.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts