Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been google-ing around for something sort of like a pattern unlock launcher but have had no real success.

Do you all know if there is something (a widget perhaps?) that I could put on my homescreen or lock screen that could let me enter in different patterns (a la pattern unlock) to launch various apps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
U mean like gestures and things like that?

There's WidgetLocker in the market, and it allows u to customize ur very own lockscreen, and so u can add ur Widgets, apps, and even more sliders into it

Motorola Droid 2: MIUI 2.3.12

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sort of, I would actually like if it had dots that I could trace a pattern on to like the pattern unlock, I have LMT launcher for gestures and I have tried widget locker, but none of those are really what I am looking for.

I was talking about something that was literally exactly like the pattern unlock except it launches stuff instead of unlocking the phone!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I've seen a couple of threads like this...
And they never seem to amount to anything more than what you've already stated.
LMT launcher.

Why would you use a pattern if you just want the application to launch?
Just create a shortcut?

Or do you want them to be locked down to other users of your phone?
https://play.google....e=search_result
There are quite a few apps like this.
MIUI also has that feature...although I'm drawing a blank on what it's called...
But it's built into the security settings somewhere.

Edit:
This comes off harsh, and I didn't intend for it to.
Just letting you know so you don't have high hopes!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha thanks for the response!

I didnt really want it for practical/speed reasons, just thought it would be a fun way to launch apps, something a little different to play with. Clicking on shortcuts is getting kind of boring lol

I dont really know much of anything about creating apps or widgets, but would something like that be hard to make?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts