Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Developer
50 Posts

Phiremod MIUI v2

Please understand this is based on MIUI 1.8.5 for Nook Color as released by andmer but with the noted changes. I have made these changes to my liking and for my use, but wanted to share. Thanks to andmer, Cyanogen & Team Douce, and all involved in CM and MIUI for Nook Color.

Changes:
* LauncherPro
* Blue themed Gingerbread Keyboard
* Removed MIUI Ad Supported Forums App
* Removed MIUI Compass
* Removed MIUI Stats
* Removed Updater
* Added hosts profile to block most web ads
* Added Rom Manager
* Google Gears bootanimation
* Extra Wallpapers
* Blue notification icons in toggles
* Blue selections
* Blue overscroll
* Pretty much replaced lots of orange things with blue things (thanks XDA user vukandric)

1. Install through Rom Manager and make sure to wipe data and cache
2. Let sit for 5 minutes, then reboot
3. If Button Savior acts goofy, open the app and kill it, then restart it
4. Your time is wrong
5. To set CPU speeds, download SetCPU here

Includes stock MIUI Launcher and LauncherPro, but I recommend LauncherPro as it has improved performance over the MIUI Launcher and the 1.8.5 release of MIUI currently has a spacing issue with the MIUI Launcher.

View attachment 1529

>>> I Want Phiremod! <<<

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
I'm gonna try this out right now. Although CM7 is pretty smooth, MIUI is just so pretty!

·
Developer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BadBen said:
I'm gonna try this out right now. Although CM7 is pretty smooth, MIUI is just so pretty!
it IS pretty =) MIUI uses HDPI (as it should for our awesome screens, in my opinion) while CM7 still uses MDPI.. no idea why.

Jaxidian said:
Hey, this looks pretty nice! Once my wife returns my Nook to me, I'm flashing this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Good luck!

·
Supporting Member
167 Posts
I am going to have to give this a try, liking MIUI much better then CM7 on my nook and your changes look really good.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
A miui that's pleasing to look at. more importantly my "free ram" went up to an average of 255mb to 265mb

compared to 215mb to 225mb free ram I've been getting from the zlauncer+CM7 nightly builds (#170 to #174).

·
Supporting Member
167 Posts
Installed this the other day and I must say I love my book so much more. This is running great, no lag and everything works like a champ. Great build and thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Hiya phire, thank you for the miui release, are there any plans to update to a 2.6.35 kernel for this? sorry if you answered this elsewhere, i searched but didnt find anything.

EDIT* download is definitely broken...

EDIT2* and it seems to be back online. downloading now.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
Works now for some reason!

Maybe it was the browser? Went from chrome to Firefox. Initially had a "something's wrong!" screen, which then refreshed quickly to a proper download.

Thanks, whoever/whatever fixed it!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
it was an issue at mediafire, seems to be resolved. i stayed with chrome so not browser.

having an issue with android.process.acore crashing every could of seconds, anyone else get that? I wiped data, cache, dalvik before installing.

Edit* another system wipe + install seems to have fixed it.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
Is there an 'always there' status bar option on this ROM, as there is on the Phiremod 6.3? Or is button savior the only way to go?

Didn't see one on the screenshots.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Is there a way I can use a bootable CWR card or other method to install this clean? I installed over the v7 test 2 build and I'm having a lot of issues. Mostly with crashes in market and randomly to the media bundle which I assume may be my SD card so I'm taking that out for now.

Still, seems a clean install over this is preferable since it looks a lot different than the previous phiremod builds.

Is there a way do to this? Can I just install the ZIP direct from inside Clockwork after formatting everything?

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
OK - I give up.

I am feeling rather foolish at the moment because I can't, for the life of me, find a way to use Menu button functionality.

It's been a long day, and I surely need more coffee because I *have* to be missing something incredibly obvious ... right ? o_O
--
Kurai

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
kurai said:
OK - I give up.

I am feeling rather foolish at the moment because I can't, for the life of me, find a way to use Menu button functionality.

It's been a long day, and I surely need more coffee because I *have* to be missing something incredibly obvious ... right ? o_O
--
Kurai
right hand side of the screen around the center, check for a little overlay arrow, click it, when the menu pops up click the 4 squares that are 3rd from bottom and 4th from top. if you dont have the overlay arrow goto app drawer and click on button savior and enable it.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
KingPin said:
right hand side of the screen around the center, check for a little overlay arrow, click it, when the menu pops up click the 4 squares that are 3rd from bottom and 4th from top. if you dont have the overlay arrow goto app drawer and click on button savior and enable it.
Gah. Bizarre. It now works :/

I swear I'm not mad/stupid ... I have used button saviour many times before. For some reason it works today... when exactly the same config didn't last night.

Thanks for the reply anyway :)

·
Developer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kurai said:
Gah. Bizarre. It now works :/

I swear I'm not mad/stupid ... I have used button saviour many times before. For some reason it works today... when exactly the same config didn't last night.

Thanks for the reply anyway :)
This is why I suggest killing the Button Savior service and restarting it (from the app) because by default it seems to be goofy.. It does tend to eventually behave =)

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Yep - I did see that, and follow instructions accordingly ... no dice ;)

I tried pretty much everything - several kill/restart cycles, with and without clearing app's data, reboots, auto and manual starting of app, even re-installs of entire ROM - both with and without wipe.

Whether any of this was of the slightest use is rather a moot point, since all I had to really do was leave it alone overnight to automagically recover on it's own. *sigh* :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts