Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing i do to phone.apk seems to work. the buttons wont change the images wont change. if i decompile and look all the changes i made, both image and xml, took but does absolutely nothing when you look at the incall screen. i started off trying to make it transparent, but now ill settle for the images sticking. i would like to start with the number buttons, ive done everything i know to do here and the buttons just will not change. any help would be appreciated.

also, if anyone could tell me where the pressed button (like when you press the numbers to dial) is called from in contacts.apk, that would be super too.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
What device? In ICS, it looks like all of the dialer stuff may be pulled from Contacts.apk. That is where the T9 dialer change was made, so odds are that is where the rest of the images are pulled from as well.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What device? In ICS, it looks like all of the dialer stuff may be pulled from Contacts.apk. That is where the T9 dialer change was made, so odds are that is where the rest of the images are pulled from as well.
im on the nexus, and i have already made contacts transparent. i did find out that pushing phone wasnt working, so i started flashing and my images started showing up. now the problem im having is source compiling. i can use apk tool and thigns work fine. but when i make the changes to source (or just compile an untouched source) the buttons get all smooshed up at the top.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
If you implemented the T9 dialer, the 4.0.4 source push screwed up the layout. There are a few commits on Github that can fix it. I believe the main one is in the CM9 repo, or possibly AOKP. My guess is that the layout is only screwed up in portrait and landscape still works fine.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you implemented the T9 dialer, the 4.0.4 source push screwed up the layout. There are a few commits on Github that can fix it. I believe the main one is in the CM9 repo, or possibly AOKP. My guess is that the layout is only screwed up in portrait and landscape still works fine.
ok/ ill try compiling the cm9 phone, or is there something else i have to do?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that worked. looks like cm9 phone is the way to go. also a note for others, i am unable to adb push phone.apk. if i do nothing happens. none of the changes show up. i have to flash it everytime.

thanks for the help imnuts!

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
well phone compiles just fine for cm9 Phone.apk, however i am unable to make changes. i replaced several images none of which compiled. i did a make clobber and tryed again and still no go. every other app i modify form framework to contacts, mms and a bunch of others plays nice. phone is the ONLY app that wont....

update: i made some xml changes to add a few new images and those show up but none of the images i change show up. i can add all day long, just not change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts