Android OS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, my wife's phone would not connect to 3G data (mine would, sitting 2 inches away). I could switch to 4G, but it won't stay connected for long. She is running the stock rooted EE4, with imnuts 7/31 kernel. I flashed the EP1W radios, but that didn't fix anything. I also updated the kernel to the 8/8 OTB kernel. Then I downloaded Voltage Control (which is when I found out that I had lost root).

**update - after rebooting, I got root back (don't know what was up with that)**

still stumped on the data situation. 3G won't grab, and 4G won't stay connected for more than a few minutes. switching to airplane mode and back does not bring it back. Today could be adventurous, I'll check back in later.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Interesting. I won't count it out yet, but I have access to the contents of the SD card. Is there a specific folder that the issue is associated with?

Sent from my Gummy Charged SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

**update** I swapped out the SD card for her old one, and nothing changed. I'm going to look around for options before I dive into the factory reset (last resort).

**update v2** POOP!!!!! me thinks that it's either SIM card or physical modem problem. Flashed from EP1W radios to EP1Q radios, nothing; from EP1Q to EE4, nothing (didn't realize that the EE4 radios didn't match, so...); Odin'ed back to EE4 stock, nothing; Odin'ed back to ED1 stock and ran OTA, nothing. I'm only flashing one more thing before it goes back to Big Red (well 2 things...), GC FE 2.0; and if that doesn't work, back to EE4 stock and VZW.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. From what I've been reading, the problem was not isolated to my phone. It started working again this morning. Go figure.

Sent from my Gummy Charged FE 2.0 SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Mine did the same thing about a week ago. 2 days no 3g. I took it in and they couldn't get it working so they sent me a replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts