Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ACCIDENTALLY BRICKED MY FRIENDS G2X. I restored it with nv flash but didnt realize i restore p990 Europe lg 2x firmware instead.. Everything loaded ( Firmware MUCH NICER) but how do i get back to g2x?? right now im downloading through wifi p999 stock firmware zip.. Can i simply flash that through clockwork? Will everything change back? even basebands? Pleasee help bc its not my phone, my friends phone.

·
Shiny ROM
1,356 Posts
MikeSlim said:
I ACCIDENTALLY BRICKED MY FRIENDS G2X. I restored it with nv flash but didnt realize i restore p990 Europe lg 2x firmware instead.. Everything loaded ( Firmware MUCH NICER) but how do i get back to g2x?? right now im downloading through wifi p999 stock firmware zip.. Can i simply flash that through clockwork? Will everything change back? even basebands? Pleasee help bc its not my phone, my friends phone.
Well flashing that through clockwork will restore the system, etc. back to the G2X version but not the baseband. I would flash that first and it should still boot up, there just won't be phone service. Let me see if I can find a flashable G2X baseband.

·
Themer
332 Posts
if u have twitter try sending a tweet to my friend @deinfinityx i know he has a g2x and has a custom rom he may be able to tell u

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i sent him a tweet.. I knew i messed up after changing the basebands..i tried evry method but thats my one problem

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah he just rooted his.. Need a baseband asap..dont know what else to do other then say i lost the shit and put this up for sale

·
Shiny ROM
1,356 Posts
MikeSlim said:
yeah he just rooted his.. Need a baseband asap..dont know what else to do other then say i lost the shit and put this up for sale
Did you flash the stock nandroid yet? Let us know what happens when you try that

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now i downloaded modaco file and t mobile boot came back up but now stuck in a boot loop.. making progress at least

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
file wasnt found on nandroid be4 bc i was still on 2x... since i went into bootloop on g2x boot screen i botted back into recover and restoring his old nandroid.. hopefully this will work

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now its letting me do my nandroid.. in theory this might work bc it booted up to the t mobile g2x screen.. be4 i tried doing a restore but i was on the 2x boot up screen which is why i think it just froze up.. well c

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stuck on lg screen after nan.. the only thing i can do is just nv flash to restore p990?? im ****ed lol

·
Shiny ROM
1,356 Posts
djdarkknight96 said:
Go to recovery and format system, data, cache, dalvik cache. Flash modaco rom again. Your almost there. Hopefully that will boot!
Yep, try to format EVERY partition then install a G2X ROM or nandroid and it should boot...I'm still not sure about the network working though until we find a baseband.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
djdarkknight96 said:
The baseband was in the rom? I thought you said you flashed it separate? Nevermind, I understand now. You did a nvflash firmware restore. I'm going to ask paul brian to help but it's basically a nandroid for nvflash. I'll work on this today.
Thanks man i would appreciate it.. Not even my phone which is why i was in a rush.. i just want to get this thing back to normal for my friend. Let me know asap if u could do anything..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts