Android OS Forum banner

Please Help ASAP.. BRICKED G2X

15K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  itchickie 
#1 ·
I ACCIDENTALLY BRICKED MY FRIENDS G2X. I restored it with nv flash but didnt realize i restore p990 Europe lg 2x firmware instead.. Everything loaded ( Firmware MUCH NICER) but how do i get back to g2x?? right now im downloading through wifi p999 stock firmware zip.. Can i simply flash that through clockwork? Will everything change back? even basebands? Pleasee help bc its not my phone, my friends phone.

#30 ·
#31 ·
guys i have a g2x p999. what happened here? did you flashed a 2x p990 rom on the g2x? and changed your baseband?
but i mean could you go like home, see apps and stuff like that and just didnt recognized tmobile sim card?
or you just flashed the wrong nvflash?

the reason i'm asking is because i have an extra g2x for texting rom and teaks and do stuff like this, so please tell what happened

#32 ·
It looks like the OP flashed a p990 ROM on the p999 (G2X), they have different partitions and a different baseband, so it simply does not work at all. Even with an extra g2x, I suggest you don't, unless you're willing to modify the O2X ROMs enough to flash them on the G2X properly.

On as side note, I thought people didn't usually include basebands with ROMs anymore, bad things tend to happen.

#34 ·
Hi guys I am having the same issue. I tried to download the update to my g2x through lg updater tool...I got 30% through the update and it sticks on please wait while updating, etc. I have rebooted the phone at least 100 times today using the recovery (power+volume down) option. I see the options listed and I can scroll, however the power button is NOT allowing me to choose/select the wipe/data/factory reset. Help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.