Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just Me
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what happened. I was following zedomax's instructions on how to root via you tube. I got it rooted, and then he went int adb shell. Then he typed in the commands su enter, idme bootmode 4002. At this point I was called away from my desk. A coworker walked by and wanted to check the fire out. So he unplugged it from my comp, and it is now stuck on the kindle fire boot screen. I can't just restart it, and I can't get adb to recognize it again. Does anyone know where I go from here. There has to be a fix for this. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
The best thing you can probably do is install the proper drivers manually and use either the kindle fire utility (either somewhere here or on xda) to boot up or use fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000

Only after you install the proper driver(s) will windows recognize it if you're using windows.

Also : there are drivers included with the Kindle Fire Utility that you may be able to install using his batch utility or you may have to install them manually. Then you could use his utility to boot up instead of using the command prompt yourself.

Good luck

Sent from my Kindle Fire.

·
Just Me
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it tells me the system cannot find the specified path. then it says root activated, the kindle is successfully running in root mode. then repeats itself a few times saying the system cannot find the path specified. the kindle has been told to rebout in fastboot mode.

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Alright, let's make sure that we're on the same page. Are you using http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399889 ? If so, did you use option 1 (bootmode menu) then choose 1 (normal)?

If you didn't get that far, did you get the drivers installed? If the installdrivers.bat didn't work. Go to device manager, find the kindle (should have something in the icon to suggest that windows can't recognize it) and choose to install drivers > browse computer manually > Find the general kindle fire utility directory that you inzipped from > then let windows install them.
And try the KF utility again

·
Just Me
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
turned it off, turned it back on and back up and running. needless to say, I haven't done a lot of actual work today. wow, that had me nervous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Johnr math games can be fun and exciting! In this fun and engaging rhyming book, a young boy in ancient India must figure out how to divide his army into equal groups so that everyone gets to march in the parade without leaving any stragglers behind. Throughout the story, a clever young boy explores patterns and math concepts as he tries to stretch seven golden rings. In an afterword, a new concept is introduced to the reader: binary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts