Android OS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would bring this idea up to all of you, lets make a panic room. Instead of the developers getting bothered with their much used time, lets make a forum under general where users can get some kind of tech support in case they messed their device up. We dont have a team assigned to it, but we have a helpful community feel here where we can help them get the phone back to life.

What do you think?

Feel free to elaborate your analysis.

·
Android Master
95 Posts
b16 said:
I thought I would bring this idea up to all of you, lets make a panic room. Instead of the developers getting bothered with their much used time, lets make a forum under general where users can get some kind of tech support in case they messed their device up. We dont have a team assigned to it, but we have a helpful community feel here where we can help them get the phone back to life.

What do you think?

I think it sounds like a great idea.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This isn't to provide tech support but to help promote being open and getting help before someone might make the decision to fraudulently report to insurance. We are here as a team, not individuals, feedback very welcome at this moment. We will be hiring well rounded power users to help as much as possible to keep users in the know.

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
I think it's a pretty good idea... I know when I started hacking, I thought I was too good for guides (Boy was I stupid :p) and I panicked when I got in a bootloop. I would be willing to help some people out in there... but I do get annoyed when people go "HALP! HOW DO IS USE ADBS?!?!"... though I think our community is better than that :)

Plus, I can do a pretty good fake Indian accent </sarcasm>

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
b16 said:

What do you think?

Starting it in General might be a good idea, but it might get cluttered. In that case, maybe make a per-device panic room section?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
I'm no developer or anyone special but saw this via Twitter and I must say this would be sweet for users that's for sure! I have had times where I needed something like this. I also really really like helping people out as I've learned a lot via forums and I really love giving back. So I think this would be a superb idea to help improve the site even more!

·
Registered
373 Posts
i am 1,000,000 willing to help out... if you guys like, let me know if there is anything i can do

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
Great idea. A sticky thread or sub-forum for each phone would be sweet. I'd love to try to help people out.

Sent from my Xoom using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Great idea. A sub forum per device or brand would be great as well. I know for instance moto phones use rsdlite and sbf files to fix many issues so instead of having a category for each moto phone you could do a general moto secttion but again that could end up very cluttered.
Either way some type of sub sections would be needed for devices so threads that people post that have a problem don't get lost in the mix.

I think a section for guides may be helpfuul as well. Maybe not in the panic section but say a section which users can go that have guides for adb, how to flash and sbf/ use rsdlite, how to flash a recovery image, etc. Or guides in the panic section that relate to fixing phones. This may be helpful to have in one section because many good guides in froums are scattered throughout different sub forums so many do not see these guides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts