Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
KeyKitLimeKat
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call/Data Dropping?
Are you experiencing call dropping and/or data dropping?
Call Dropping29.52%
Data Dropping1466.67%
Both Call and Data Dropping14.76%
Neither Call nor Data Dropping419.05%

·
KeyKitLimeKat
545 Posts
I am just curious if I either have a defective phone or this is something everyone is having...

If my phone is left in my pocket without being awaken it seems like the data just shuts off and when I do finally pull it out to check the time, I have no data and 30 seconds later when data reconnects, text messages flood in.. I worry that I am not getting phone calls during this "off" time in my pocket.. Same goes for when I plug my phone in and go to bed.. It likes to toggle in and out all night.. :-\

I've tried different ROMs and I have also tried different radios.. All pretty much the same story.. Anyone have any advice for this?

All input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

·
Android Beginner
118 Posts
You really should have a No Data/Call Issues choice. I've had none. If you are experiencing such, I would suggest you call Verizon.

Good luck.

·
KeyKitLimeKat
545 Posts
You really should have a No Data/Call Issues choice. I've had none. If you are experiencing such, I would suggest you call Verizon.

Good luck.
Added it
I was wondering if I should make my phone stock and go to Verizon complaining.. :-\ it's really getting annoying...

By the way, are you unrooted or rooted?

If rooted, are you using Stock 4.0.2 or are you using 4.0.3 (Custom ROM or not)??

Sorry for the load of questions.. I've tried a few 4.0.3 custom ROMs, I actually didn't stay Stock for long enough to notice whether or not I was getting issues.. I've tried RootzBoat (birdman) and ZYGOT3 and AXI0M (Droid Th30ry).. I'm not sure if this is software or hardware..

·
KeyKitLimeKat
545 Posts
How did you do that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
I asked some friends in the area if their phone was giving them issues.. They said that they would periodically throughout the day get data drops to 1x, but NO call issues.. I was getting data drops every 15 minutes and call drops almost every phone call... I flashed my phone back to stock and locked the bootloader and gave that a run.. Same issues.. Dropped data/dropped calls..

I brought the phone to Verizon and told them my issues and how others with the same phone were not getting the exact same issues.. They handed my a brand new phone and I don't have those issues anymore.. might have been a bad first batch that I picked from?? I got it on release day for the record..

When I loaded up AXI0M 2.1 (DROID TH3ORY), (wallet is built in) I activated my Google Prepaid card that should have had like $4.67 left, it was set to $10.00.. Now, I used the same Google Username, I'm thinking it is the MAC Address of the phone?? Weird..

</story>

·
Registered
147 Posts
I get data drops A LOT. Really annoying. My friend who has a Nexus in my area has the same problem ;| sucks when you're trying to show off your shiny new phone...

·
Android Addict
341 Posts
Yeah, but data has been intermittent for about three solid days now. I wouldn't say its the phone cuz pretty much all us GNexus owners are having the same issues. Just need to wait for VZW to finish updating the networks, then for the ota update we will receive. All should (hold breath here) be well then.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had the phone for more than the past three days - it's done it ever since I got it. I've had a Thunderbolt since it came out as well, and never experienced this issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts