Mike1986's Android Revolution HD61.24%
Faux123's AOSP30.62%
Pete's BuglessBeast51.04%
nocoast's Liquid Ice Cream Sandwich40.83%
DroidVicious' MIUI00.00%

·
Android Beginner
175 Posts
Just want everyone's take so that a new guy (not referring to me) can jump in and see what the majority of us are using. If I posted something incorrectly (poster via developer) my apologies. Also let me know if there is a ROM i missed and I will throw it in.

-Dr_w

EDIT: Added Pete's BuglessBeast & nocoast's Liquid Ice Cream Sandwich.

EDIT[2Jan12]: Added DroidVicious' MIUI.

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
I've tested a bunch. Out of all of them I'd have to go Gummy as my favorite. It has the best combination of features, stability, and speed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Just Some Guy
1,436 Posts
I would vote for Th3ory's... but in fairness to all the hardworking devs, since he got here that's all I've used. I used an earlier version of rootzboat when I first got the phone and it worked great, and from what I can see it looks like its had plenty of improvements. I'm sure everything is great in its own way. I'm partial to th3ory roms since that's all I used on my Bionic. But just read all the OP's for the ROM's and see what impresses you. Might have to do some trials til you find out what suits you best, but that's the fun of android and an unlocked phone

·
Supporting Member
229 Posts
I believe I have tried all the roms posted at this point, at least for a little while. I can say that I keep a nandroid of Rootzboat, and Gummynex and I keep going back to them everytime, and if one updates while I am on the other I find myself going back and updating that.
Definitely have to try them out for yourself, and see what you like best.
Next will be Liquids rom that was put out earlier, when I can get it downloaded.

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Only tried Pete's and gummy so far. Both were solid. Using gummy with Franco's kernel and getting excellent battery life. Making it through a full day with moderate use (lots of wifi though).

Looking forward to trying Lou's kernel too. Been a fan of his stuff since having the inc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bugless Beast and GummyNex are my favorites.

I have followed Pete (BB) for a long time, my Alarm Clock... (OG Droid) runs his latest Gingerbread release even now. I trust him and donate to him.

Best advise I can give you is look at the dev's track record by reading what other people are saying before jumping on anything.

I also should mention I like HeyItsLou's Defiant Kernel and Imoseyon's Lean Kernel.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I think I will always stick with CM9. Probably because I make my own builds and I figure all the features in other roms will be in CM9 soon enough.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.