Android OS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my old incredible rooted, and and was using it for a week as my primary phone and was able to get through a full day of normal use without needing to charge it. Before rooting, this would never have been possible, so I was really happy with it. Then I saw something about wiping battery stats to get better battery life, and I did it, and following the instructions in Cyanogen's troubleshooting section. Now my battery life is back to what it was pre-rooting. I'm running. Cm7.1rc1, running a screen off profile of 384, conservative governor, and am not overclocking at all. Has anybody had a similar issue?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I don't have an Incredible (Had OG EVO and now 3D) but I do know that after you wipe your Battery stats the system has to recalibrate sso usually it takes a couple full discharge/charge cycles to get it back to normal.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
enzofall said:
I suggest charging from a dead battery with the phone off. Often this calibrates the battery, good luck.
I have to agree here. Charge the battery to full with the phone off and try it again.

·
Themer
1,007 Posts
I would defenitely heed the charging from a dead battery.. also flash Chad's incredikernal... it has improved my battery life substantially as well as charged the phone in half the time.. hope this helps.. I also am running cm7 and flash stable builds of nightlies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts