Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Hey everybody. What I'm uploading is not (yet) Codename Android 1.5.5, as that was just uploaded this morning and I actually did this port at about 6pm last night. -.- The ROM itself is marked Codename-Android-(MOD)-1-03152012-NIGHTLY-Mesmerize

Stevespear426 said:
Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there
Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step. Developer tutorials now being posted at www.codenameandroid.com
Fascinate changelog here: http://rootzwiki.com...-155-nightlies/

Thanks to:

Stevespear426, sixstringsg, and sbrissen for the Fascinate builds; all the contributors to CNA; the people responsible for AOSP 4.0.3 on the Fascinate/Mesmerize/Showcase; dfgas for the data fix; Baked_Tator for patiently answering my questions on porting things to the Mesmerize; romanbb for his work on AOKP; RootzBoat; imoysen; CyanogenMod Team; JT1134; and to add144 for reminding me to be a good person and give due credit. (If you need to be on this list; tell me!)

Instructions (as I flashed the ROM, you should probably do so):

* Full-flash back to EI20 (or EH09) and let it boot up completely
* Heimdall or Odin CWM4 fixed for CM7 to the phone
* Wipe data, cache, Dalvik cache
* Flash Codename Android
* Boot into CNA
* Reboot menu into recovery
* Flash dfgas's data fix
* Reboot into CNA
* Back to CWM!
* Flash gapps that I've linked
* Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
* Boot into CWM and be happy~

Things that are working for me:
* MP3/M4A/MP4 playback
* 3G data
* MMS over 3G and WiFi, sending and receiving
* Texting
* Syncing Google Data
* Telephone calls

Things that aren't:
* Torch
* There are a few settings that force close

Download:
ROM - http://db.tt/g9M9ZYoX
dfgas's data fix - http://db.tt/zFLVkoOp
Google Apps - http://goo-inside.me...0224-signed.zip

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Cody - I'll try this this afternoon and let ya know. Thanks for this port! :D

Sent from my AOKP M4 using RootzWiki
I won't be home until late, I have work after school. I've been running the ROM for about 16 hours now. No issues so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick question, I actually flashed the Fascinate version of 1.5.0 last night, though it looks like everything is working great (data worked without any fixes). So I'm assuming it's fine to just leave on what I have?

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick question, I actually flashed the Fascinate version of 1.5.0 last night, though it looks like everything is working great (data worked without any fixes). So I'm assuming it's fine to just leave on what I have?
Probably. I think that if you want MMS working though, you'll need my edits. o_O Plus, (not that you probably care) the default carrier text says "US Cellular".

Reactions: bbach7139

·
Average Android
156 Posts
Cool bossman but you really need to tell people what the hell something is if you're going to release it. Who what when where why. What is this ROM, what are some of its features, why is this ROM the tits, etc. Always good to also provide screen shots too, and always give proper credit to whomever originally created this (because I know you didn't). Don't jack people's stuff (porting included) and not give credit.

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Cool bossman but you really need to tell people what the hell something is if you're going to release it. Who what when where why. What is this ROM, what are some of its features, why is this ROM the tits, etc. Always good to also provide screen shots too, and always give proper credit to whomever originally created this (because I know you didn't). Don't jack people's stuff (porting included) and not give credit.
Whoops, totally slipped my mind. >.<

EDIT: And thanks for telling me, as I would have forgotten until someone called me a thief...

EDIT 2: OP edited and I think all proper credit was given. I still feel bad for this being up so long without it.

Reactions: add144

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't get past the Samsung logo after flashing this. I tried it three times, flashing it over AOKP after wiping cache/dalvik, flashing it over THS Build 6 with all three wiped, and just flashing it alone. None worked.
My instructions were a bit different than that. I didn't try flashing over AOKP or THS, I went straight from EI20. I don't know what kind of issues flashing from other ROMs could cause.

Reactions: Oehmer

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
My instructions were a bit different than that. I didn't try flashing over AOKP or THS, I went straight from EI20. I don't know what kind of issues flashing from other ROMs could cause.
Thanks for making this topic, you say you started with EI20, would you mind editing the OP and including a link to that ROM, should clear up any loose-ends for the people flashing over to the new CNA ROMs. One last thing, dropbox likes to remove files if they get a lot of traffic so either have a backup or upload to some media sharing site like rapidshare.com or mediafire.com - those should last longer

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
I installed cna three times last night and every time I tried to reboot into recovery from the power menu the phone just rebooted without recovery. Tried flashing from eh09 twice and then from ths 2 all with the same result. I did like the look of cna but without being able to get into recovery to flash gapps or data fix it was kinda worthless. I could do a three finger salute to get recovery but we all know how that works out.... any body have any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

·
LUV DEM ANDROIDS
856 Posts
I installed cna three times last night and every time I tried to reboot into recovery from the power menu the phone just rebooted without recovery. Tried flashing from eh09 twice and then from ths 2 all with the same result. I did like the look of cna but without being able to get into recovery to flash gapps or data fix it was kinda worthless. I could do a three finger salute to get recovery but we all know how that works out.... any body have any thoughts?

One way i had to get into recovery was to install "Rom Manager"

Worked for me!

Also flash gapps right after flashing rom (in same session) before booting phone up

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
thanks for the reply... that's kinda messed up you had to use rom manager. Had I thought of that and flashed gapps before I was screwed I would have given it a shot but now just don't want to waste anymore time on it

·
Amateur Android
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
by no means do I consider myself an amateur, but for the life of me I can't get this to flash. It stops at the checksum and loops at the samsung screen.

**EDIT** From the OP I assumed I didn't have to flash THS B2 before flashing CNA
That's really weird. I *didn't* have to flash THS build 2. Did you get it working? Download could've been bad, my friend.

---

To those of you who had issues getting into recovery, it's been working fine for me. o-o

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
It seems that having to flash ths 2 first is pretty random. Some people have to and some don't. It did flash both ways for me just couldn't reboot into recovery no matter what I tried. After the third time going back to stock in one night I threw aokp back on. If any body has any ideas on the recovery deal I might try again in a few days.

·
Average Android
310 Posts
I have the same problem every time I think k want to try this rom. No matter what I do I can't get into recovery either. Plenty of people have no problems, but I am not one of them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I really don't know what to say, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, for me, I refreshed my EH09 install but I was using the EI20 modem/radio (whatever you want to call it, I find it has better connectivity to wifi then the EH09's), wiped the big 3, flashed CNA & it rebooted on its own just to boot loop at the Samsung logo, left it for 5 minutes, nothing but boot loops, so I waited for it to turn off again, & did the 3 finger method to get back to CwM4 wiped both caches, flashed data fix & GApps in same session, wiped both caches again, just to be sure, rebooted & as before, just boot loops.
IDK, I'll think about trying it w/ EI20 ROM but for now I think I'll just stick w/ rooted EH09 w/ EI20 radio.

I tried it w/ EI20, just came up to the same results, boot loops on the Samsung logo.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.