Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Average Android
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this started out mostly for my own amusement but it worked so I thought I would put this out there for anyone who wants to mess with it.

This is the Amazon Browser (Silk / Cloud9) that just shipped on the Kindle Fire. Someone asked if it could be ported so I gave it a shot. Just a few files to get it working.
BUT....to be more reasonable for use on a phone I think it needs some graphics tweaking as this was intended for a 7" tablet.
Something to tinker with if someone wants to...flash the file in recovery or you can extract and push the files as well. There are (2) apps and a few lib files. I only tested this on my Tbolt running BAMF Forever, so beyond that I can't guarantee anything but "in theory" it should work on just about any android rom since it's dependencies are the lib files.
I would double check and make sure you don't have any of these libs already as overwriting them could cause issues, but likely they don't already exist.

DOWNLOAD HERE

·
Average Android
169 Posts
Also crashes on CM7.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
working good on eternity 3.5 nightly 117... little off in graphic like OP stated but works and flies through pages. thanks for the port.

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
I didn't notice anything special except tabs at top were kind of nice.

BUT, I tried to go back to my regular browser and getting fc all time. Tried everything except reinstalling ROM.
Didn't want to install Rom so I downloaded dolphin browser to use otherwise I can't get on net.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
as they say, fool me once use amazon silk fool me twice use dolphin browser fool me a third time and use opera (and stick it in your mothers ear and pee, and by it i mean dolphin browser)

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
that was a poor attempt at a joke...opera is not my cup of tea. Dolphin browser seems to load a huge variety of pages but is not the most stable or snappiest...miren browser is pretty good, boat browser can be very good, In the end i wind up using stock aosp or stock miui browser usually though...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts