Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to take the Google TV software, either the newest edition 3.1 or even the old version and place it on a computer with Linux installed possibly ?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
I'm curious as well... i think it has an intel atom processor, so thats chill... driver issues, etc. are the problems that'd be encountered, i'm guessing?

gorgio1 said:
Is it possible to take the Google TV software, either the newest edition 3.1 or even the old version and place it on a computer with Linux installed possibly ?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
linuzo said:
it would be awesome to port this to other android devices.. some sort of app,.
Let me hear your thoughts on an app. I dunno how that could be accomplished, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
I know I'm not skilled enough to put something like this together, but what would happen if you used the drivers from the x86 droid project? Just add in the drivers maybe, But Google TV still seems to have a bit to go as far as apps go ( I'm guessing ). What would be interesting is taking this a step farther. By, custom building touchscreen layouts ( like instructables or make or ifixit, should have instructions on tailoring the digitizers to various things) so that you could have a huge as* wall tablet, powered by a PC..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.