Android Addict
1,497 Posts
*Now let me start this off with I am not 100% sure if this will work.*

My setup:

WiFi: disabled.
Mock locations: Disabled
Use Wireless Networks: Enabled

Using Protekk's #8 Build.

Alright, so first of all I have yet to try this outside of work, but when switching from 4G to 3G I get two different network locations (Both in the immediate area of where I work).

Now what makes me think this works is on 4G I get a location by my building (Determined by using coordinates and the network location test APP). When I switch to 3G I get different coordinates but again am still close to where I work. Then when switching back to 4G I get the same coordinates I got on 4G before making the switch to 3G. I did this a couple times with the same results, stable numbers that don't vary, which is good considering I have been sitting in the same place the whole time.

Alright now to what I did, first of all I know that a similar method came out before but didn't really work. This is a little different.

Open the build.prop and change this number:

ro.ril.def.agps.mode = 6 to 2.

The old method had you change:

persist.radio.agps.mode=6 to 2 which I did not do.

Just to make sure, reboot after making these changes. Clearing cache/dalvik probably wouldn't hurt either.

Please anyone on AOSP who has a couple seconds, try this and post if it worked for you. Again, not promising miracles here, but am definitely HOPING that this works for others.

Just tried with same results on OMFGB, will update after my drive home from work in a half hour.

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
Just to be specific:

-I changed the line build.prop
-Rebooted in recovery and wiped cache/davlick cache
-Rebooted
-Opened the Genie Widget and configured it to find/use current location.
-Refreshed the weather
-It took me from San Diego to Oregon; the same incorrect location I always get when I'm sitting at my desk.

I appreciate your efforts, though. For me, this is the last AOSP bug to squash.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I completely agree, at least last bug for me (heard there are some major Bluetooth problems). Do you have "allow mock locations" enabled?

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, the whole way home it updated correctly and still shows my correct location. No wifi enabled and no GPS.

·
Android Lover
381 Posts
Mine every once and awhile gets off. But I cannot figure out a reason for it. It fixes itself though. Just sometimes it lists somewhere I think in Africa, although it seems to be a small town because google didn't produce many results.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
Just an update:

I decided to try editing both lines:
ro.ril.def.agps.mode = 6 to 2
persist.radio.agps.mode=6 to 2

I just got an accurate Genie Widget location update for the first time.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mustang302LX said:
Does your GPS still work after editing?
It should as like I said the last time that was supposed to be the fix. Plenty of people tried it and never heard anyone say GPS doesn't work.

·
Android Addict
933 Posts
skinien said:
Just an update:

I decided to try editing both lines:
ro.ril.def.agps.mode = 6 to 2
persist.radio.agps.mode=6 to 2

I just got an accurate Genie Widget location update for the first time.
Beweather still won't locate me.

via OMFGBolt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts