Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to P3Droid's twitter account the Blis Exploit on the Moto devices may be patched.

Quote from P3Droid:

"PSA: There is strong evidence that the blis expoit has been patched. No ETA of when updates will roll out from motorola, but be wary of all future updates."

Could this be why Moto is rolling out the soak test and update for the D3 this month? Just some info to be aware of...

·
Themer
282 Posts
It's a general Android rule of thumb to not except an OTA until there is a proven way to root it. This is no exception. Do not update unless you know for sure it can be rooted.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
I unfroze all frozen bloat, unrooted using Pete's all in one 1 click root/unroot tool, factory reset my D3, updated directly OTA, Factory reset again, rooted with petes 1 click root/unroot without issue. I'm still deciding on what bootstrap I'm going to install.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Themer
282 Posts
"nuclearbier said:
I unfroze all frozen bloat, unrooted using Pete's all in one 1 click root/unroot tool, factory reset my D3, updated directly OTA, Factory reset again, rooted with petes 1 click root/unroot without issue. I'm still deciding on what bootstrap I'm going to install.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
The new hashcode one. Booting directly into recovery can easily save you from softbricks

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. Such an awesome ability to be able to boot straight to clockwork. It will save your a$$ as some point. Guaranteed lol

·
Developer
260 Posts
Here's a link to my "Tweaked" version of Koush's recovery which supports BP Tools boot, and fixes a bootloop into recovery issue.
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com/p/android-downloads.html

NOTES:
1. You need to click the "Bootstrap Recovery" button once installed. And it should say "[ TWEAKED]" at the bottom.
2. This *IS* Koush's Bootstrap. All I did was recompile it and rebuild the APK. Unfortunately I had to sign the APK with my keys or you wouldn't be able to install it. Please don't think I'm trying to take credit for this Bootstrap in any way shape or form.
3. If for some reason Koush ever asks me to pull this APK, then I will of course do so immediately. It's his software to decide how it's distributed.

·
Themer
282 Posts
"Hashcode said:
Here's a link to my "Tweaked" version of Koush's recovery which supports BP Tools boot, and fixes a bootloop into recovery issue.
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com/p/android-downloads.html

NOTES:
1. You need to click the "Bootstrap Recovery" button once installed. And it should say "[ TWEAKED]" at the bottom.
2. This *IS* Koush's Bootstrap. All I did was recompile it and rebuild the APK. Unfortunately I had to sign the APK with my keys or you wouldn't be able to install it. Please don't think I'm trying to take credit for this Bootstrap in any way shape or form.
3. If for some reason Koush ever asks me to pull this APK, then I will of course do so immediately. It's his software to decide how it's distributed.
BP Tools boot is the best thing to ever grace locked down motorola phones. Already saved my ass, thanks a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts