Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it possible to deodex the factory rom (4.0.2) that is on my phone? Can it be done and if so is it possible to do it while it's on the phone or can I dump what is on the phone and deodex it and then load it back onto the phone?

I do not want to build from source and deodex that. I have built 4.0.3 from source but I 'm not interested in running that right now. I'll add that i'm familiar with decompiling apk's and have used smali and baksmali a little, so i'm not completely green on the subject.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@runandhide, Thanks but I'm wanting to learn how to do it myself :)

@Mike, thanks dude. I found that shortly after posting and worked my way through it.

Now I have to figure out how to bundle it all up into an update.zip and hope that I didn't make any mistakes.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
@runandhide, Thanks but I'm wanting to learn how to do it myself :)

@Mike, thanks dude. I found that shortly after posting and worked my way through it.

Now I have to figure out how to bundle it all up into an update.zip and hope that I didn't make any mistakes.
Hey no problem, let us know how it works out. I had not had any success deodexing ics, hense pointing u to the already created one., good luck buddy
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww man... did you have a problem deodexing or getting what you deodexed to flash/work? I've got all the framework and system apps deodexed. I'm going to use the info in this (http://www.londatiga.net/it/how-to-create-android-update-zip-package/) and the template posted in the deodexing link above and see if I can get it flashed via cw recovery.

I may not get around to it tonight but I will post back with my results.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow so no more amend support (update-script). Now you got to use edify... good thing I didn't need this done in a hurry

*edit*
If anyone in the future should need help deodexing 4.0.2 just pm me and we can put it up somewhere for everyone to see. The process should be the same for every version in the future as well (I think) if future stock roms are odexed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts