Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning i decided to try out steel droid rom and so far this has been the biggest fail ever. im not a noob at computers or anything, i work on computers for my business but this one raped me.

i put my phone into AP fastboot for the first time, loaded up RSDlite and when i chose the 5.6 xml and pressed start i got an error saying "mdm file larger than expected; phone connected..."

and since then i have had absolutly no luck gettin this ****in thing to work. tried using the mac way, cmd bootstrap on windows, and the older 5.4.4 RSDlite and ive still got a ****ed phone.

if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this working that'd be great!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Whatever file you are using, try the other one. That error you are getting usually means the version you are trying to flash doesn't match your current one.

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was able to flash the system.img then i had class. although i was still unable to boot my phone =[ im trying the other partitions right now

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so my battery died and its been plugged in all day... lol idk why it wont turn on when i plug it into my comp, but when i plug it into the wall it turns on and says AT fastboot battery low bblah bah blahhh bullshit stuff

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
idk how to charge the battery. lol when i plug it into my comp the thing wont even turn on at all and when i plug it into the wall it turns on but i left it plugged in for a few hours n the battery is still dead. any ideas?

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im currently using moto-fastboot (win) but i cant seem to connect my phone to any of my 3 computers without it saying "battery low"

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i flashed system, preinstall, logo.bin, and recovery. still no luck. it boots to black screen says "invalid flash mode boot failure 0A.53

invalid CG version (CG: devtree)"

·
Android Lover
313 Posts
Ouch.

Have you already tried to use RSD and flash the whole thing at once?

·
n00b Dev
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ended up writing a .BAT script (windows) that automated the flash of each partition and everything worked great after!

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
I was able to unbrick mine from this, all I had to do was MANUALLY extract the contents of the zip file, then select the xml in rsd and it worked fine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts